AppEngine Newbie problem: Helloworld not work on Vista

1 view

jackwa...@gmail.com

May 31, 2008, 11:51:50 AM5/31/08
to Google App Engine
I install the AppEngine today,
create a hello world with the tutorial

app.yaml:

application: helloworld
version: 1
runtime: python
api_version: 1

handlers:
- url: /.*
script: helloworld.py
helloworld.py:

print 'Content-Type: text/plain'
print ''
print 'Hello, World!

file:

helloworld\
helloworld.py
app.yaml

i launch the:
dev_appserver.py helloworld
dev_appserver.py helloworld/
dev_appserver.py helloworld\
dev_appserver.py e:\study\appengine\helloworld

all this the server return me "invaild arguments"
first i use the folder "hello world" then change to helloworld
then i think this is problem about case i change HelloWorld to
helloworld
the return no changed.

my python is 2.5.1, i uninstall my python 3.0a before i install the
appengine.

sorry for this junk post,

jackwa...@gmail.com

May 31, 2008, 12:24:40 PM5/31/08
to Google App Engine
but this work well on my ubuntu 8.0.4
seems sth wrong will the os or other things

Duncan

May 31, 2008, 12:42:41 PM5/31/08
to Google App Engine
On May 31, 5:24 pm, "jackwang0...@gmail.com" <jackwang0...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> but this work well on my ubuntu 8.0.4
> seems sth wrong will the os or other things

You said you had Python 3.0a installed previously. Uninstalling it
probably hasn't restored the associations in the registry for running
Python 2.5 applications.

Try running it with the command:

C:\Python25\python dev_appserver.py helloworld

that should work no whether or not the registry is set up correctly
(change the path if you have Python installed somewhere else).

To check the registry settings go to a command prompt and enter these
commands:

C:\>assoc .py
.py=Python.File

C:\>ftype Python.File
Python.File=c:\python25\python.exe "%0" %*

If either of these is wrong (for some reason sometimes people lose the
%* at the end of the second one) you can correct it:

C:\>assoc .py=Python.File
.py=Python.File

C:\>ftype Python.File=c:\python25\python.exe "%0" %*
Python.File=c:\python25\python.exe "%0" %*

MarcoB

May 31, 2008, 1:04:40 PM5/31/08
to Google App Engine
Use a full command line like this (you can put it in a .BAT file to
make it easier):

"c:\Python25\python.exe" "C:\Program Files\Google\google_appengine
\dev_appserver.py" --debug "C:\my\GAE app"

Note that:

1. The first path/file must point to Python exe. You may omit this
only if *.py is a registered extension mapped to the python.exe
program, and its folder is in the PATH environment variable.... But to
avoid complications just write it explicitly. (I think this is the
main cause of your trouble)

2. The second path/file points to wherever dev_appserver.py is
installed. Again, ust put the full path name here.

3. The third piece of information is one or more option strings, like
"-debug".

4. Finally, put the folder in which your app is stored. Do NOT put a
"\" at the end of this string.

Personally, I've made a few BAT files with the above, with different
options in each. For example, one with debug on, one with the option
to clear the datastore, etc.

Hope this helps...

Marco

On May 31, 5:51 pm, "jackwang0...@gmail.com" <jackwang0...@gmail.com>

brian

May 31, 2008, 3:25:48 PM5/31/08
to Google App Engine
I just posted another topic on this, the source code for the Windows
version is different than the source code for the Linux/Other
Platforms version (and I assume the mac version as well). If the
error you're getting is that there is no attribute "entity_group" for
object Key, then that's the problem I had, too. I replaced the
datastore.py and datastore_types.py files with those from the .zip
version, and things work fine, now.

On May 31, 9:51 am, "jackwang0...@gmail.com" <jackwang0...@gmail.com>

jackwa...@gmail.com

Jun 1, 2008, 6:07:38 AM6/1/08