TemplateDoesNotExist error

Transmota

May 22, 2008, 10:12:16 AM5/22/08
to Google App Engine
Hi,

I'm having an issue with my templates. I have all my templates located
in a Templates directory, and call them when needed. It works when I'm
running the server on my local computer, but when I upload my app, I
get an TemplateDoesNotExist error.

How come it works locally, but not when I upload it?

Marzia Niccolai

May 22, 2008, 12:22:07 PM5/22/08
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
 This may be related to you listing your templates in your static directory folder.  If you list your templates folder as static in the app.yaml file, your program will not be able to access the files from your python code.

-Marzia

PhistucK

Dec 20, 2011, 2:03:26 PM12/20/11
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Obviously, years later, but still matters.
Can you make the runtime of the SDK behave the same as the runtime of the production server in this regard (well, in every regard)?
Three years later, this still bugs developers and wastes their time.

Thank you!