App Engine Hack-a-thon Seattle

Marce

Aug 11, 2008, 3:44:05 PM8/11/08
to Google App Engine
Please join us on August 28th for a Google App Engine Hack-a-thon in
the Emerald City.

* Learn about Google App Engine
The events will include training on the major features of Google App
Engine, including data modeling, the App Engine APIs, some aspects of
Django, and how to mashup App Engine with other web services. Google
Engineers will be on hand to help and to answer questions throughout
the day.

For a better idea of what goes on at our hack-a-thons, see our
thons on our blog: http://googleappengine.blogspot.com

* Build With Us, or Build Your Own
Throughout the day, we will be building a complete App Engine
application, and sharing the code with you so you can code along with
us. If, on the other hand, you already have a great idea for what to
build, bring that idea along. If you already have a great idea for
what to build, bring it along and go for it! Even better, prepare
sketches, designs, web page mock-ups, etc. ahead of time, and use the
hack-a-thon to develop your idea into a working application that you
can share with the world.

At the end of the day, we'll invite you to share your App Engine
applications with the group.

* What Do I Need?
We will provide facilities, power, refreshments and experts to help
you learn to use Google App Engine and write your application. Just
bring your laptops, ideas and enthusiasm to complete the mix.

* When and Where?
The Seattle hack-a-thon will take place Thursday August 28, 2008 from
10AM-6PM. It will be held in Google's Seattle Office at 651 N. 34th
St.

Space is limited so Sign Up now - http://code.google.com/events/hackathons/appengine-seattle.html.

tonosi

Aug 13, 2008, 12:24:58 PM8/13/08
to Google App Engine
I'd vote to having a hack-a-thon in Austin, TX.

jpick

Aug 18, 2008, 2:40:59 PM8/18/08
to Google App Engine
I'm driving down from Vancouver, BC, for this event. Are there any
other Vancouverites that would be interested in sharing the ride?

Cheers,

- Jim

sevenseeker

Aug 22, 2008, 12:00:39 PM8/22/08
to Google App Engine
Can you remotely participate like with sprints?

Jason

Marzia Niccolai

Aug 22, 2008, 1:03:01 PM8/22/08
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jason,
 For the Seattle hackathon, we have not set up a way to remotely participate - though that isn't a bad idea for future hackathons.

Out of curiosity, if this were to ever happen, what do you think would be a good way to handle it?

-Marzia

sevenseeker

Aug 22, 2008, 1:58:39 PM8/22/08
to Google App Engine
What I have found useful is to create a project page. We have used
subversion with Trac. Communication was by IM and IRC.

Jason