Some small updates!

Marce

Jul 24, 2008, 3:12:51 PM7/24/08
to Google App Engine
We're happy to announce we've released some small updates to Google
App Engine. Among the more significant changes:
* More apps: Want to create more than 3 applications with your App
Engine account? Now you can now create up to 10!
* Time windows for Dashboard graphs: Zoom in on the data in your
dashboard to get a more accurate picture of whats going on. You can
zoom in to see graphs for the last 24, 12, and 6 hour periods.
* Logs export: You can now use appcfg.py to download your
application's logs in plaintext format. Use appcfg.py --help for more
information on how to download your logs.
* Send email as logged in user: If you're using the users API, you
can now send email from the email address of the currently-logged-in
user.

Be sure to update your SDK (http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/
downloads/list) and check the release notes (http://code.google.com/p/
googleappengine/wiki/SdkReleaseNotes) for a full list of changes. Have
more changes you'd like to see with App Engine? Let us know!

John Skidgel

Jul 24, 2008, 3:55:05 PM7/24/08
to Google App Engine
And there are a few small changes in the Google App Engine Launcher
for Mac OS X:

* Updated Preferences dialog: a button to pick your external editor.
* Context menus: Right click (or Control+Click for single button
users) on an application and choose: info, edit, run, run strict,
stop, browse, logs, SDK Console, Deploy or Dashboard. Right click on
an empty space in the table to add a new app or an existing
application.
* Warming up state icon: When you run an app, it takes a few seconds
for the dev app server to get an app up and running. Now the table
view shows a warm yellow icon during this time. When the app is ready,
the state changes to green.

Cheers,

John

Fernando Correia

Jul 24, 2008, 6:22:05 PM7/24/08
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! Nice to know you are working on improving it.

peterk

Jul 24, 2008, 7:15:22 PM7/24/08
to Google App Engine
Indeed...but increasing resource limits on projects rather than
increasing the number of projects we can have would be more
encouraging. Or better yet, opening up billing for 'infinite' scaling!

Don't mean to crack the whip, but I'm really eager for GAE to reach
that point.. :)

On Jul 24, 11:22 pm, "Fernando Correia" <fernandoacorr...@gmail.com>

Patrick Keogh

Jul 25, 2008, 12:23:59 AM7/25/08
to Google App Engine
I was very disappointed that issue #51 was not fixed (well not that I
can see in the release notes anyway).
This issue prevents those of us with international domains (yes, there
is internet outside the USA) from using Goggle Apps authentication
with our domains.

It appears as if a regular expression was not correct, so it can't
handle URLs such as www.xxx.net.au.

This was reported at the beginning of April, was accepted as a defect
but hasn't been fixed.

I'd be happy to fix the regular expression myself if you can point me
at the code. How hard can it be?

bowman...@gmail.com

Jul 25, 2008, 12:25:35 AM7/25/08
to Google App Engine
The memcache fix is huge. Thanks for getting that in. I got a fishing
trip this weekend, but soon will update appengine-utilities to take
advantage of memcache for sessions and cache. Thank you very much.

Question: Issue 404 http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=404
was mentioned previously as being fixed internally. I don't see a
reference to it in the release notes. Was this fix added as well?

Sjors Provoost

Jul 25, 2008, 12:35:56 AM7/25/08
On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 2:23 PM, Patrick Keogh <p.k...@lucidit.com.au> wrote:

I was very disappointed that issue #51 was not fixed (well not that I
can see in the release notes anyway).
This issue prevents those of us with international domains (yes, there
is internet outside the USA) from using Goggle Apps authentication
with our domains.

It appears as if a regular expression was not correct, so it can't
handle URLs such as www.xxx.net.au.

I assume you are not referring to all international domain names? I have no problem in mapping altitude.sprovoost.nl for example.

Speaking of that one; I could get the authentication done via the CNAME option, my apps account disappeared, but the link never broke. (And I successfully tried again using the plain old html file method)

Sjors

Sjors Provoost

Jul 25, 2008, 12:36:39 AM7/25/08
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Speaking of that one; I could get the authentication done via the CNAME option, my apps account disappeared, but the link never broke. (And I successfully tried again using the plain old html file method)

Typo:
I could *not* get the authentication done via the CNAME option...

Patrick Keogh

Jul 25, 2008, 4:22:05 AM7/25/08
to Google App Engine

On Jul 25, 2:35 pm, "Sjors Provoost" <sj...@sprovoost.nl> wrote:
> I assume you are not referring to all international domain names? I have no
> problem in mapping altitude.sprovoost.nl for example.

See issue 51.

Sambi Reddy

Jul 25, 2008, 10:24:24 AM7/25/08
to Google App Engine
Hi,

release_notes says the Issue 352

http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=352

is fixed but I found a different from earlier this time. Presently I
am getting the following error

mktime argument out of range

(It is becoming a big problem for as i have to upload my application
to production to test the application).

anyone have a work around for this?

Partha.Suresha

Jul 25, 2008, 2:28:27 PM7/25/08
to Google App Engine

On Jul 25, 5:24 pm, Sambi Reddy <bsambire...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> release_notes says the Issue 352
>
> http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=352
>
> is fixed but I found a different from earlier this time. Presently I
> am getting the following error
>
> mktime argument out of range
>
> (It is becoming a big problem for as i have to upload my application
> to production to test the application).
>
> anyone have a work around for this?

Why not use a new version for development and keep the production
site on the previous version?

alphalouis

Jul 28, 2008, 12:06:35 AM7/28/08
to Google App Engine
Will be happy to see the pay-as-you-go model kickin next time :)

On Jul 25, 11:28 pm, "Partha.Suresha" <Partha.Sure...@gmail.com>

vorun

Aug 7, 2008, 12:50:27 AM8/7/08
to Google App Engine
i agree, would like to see the pay-as-you-go model

Pablo `el Guapo` Borges

Aug 7, 2008, 11:23:39 PM8/7/08
to Google App Engine
Amen to that.

Sylvain

Aug 10, 2008, 3:27:31 AM8/10/08
to Google App Engine
Hi, can you explain more these 2 points :

1 - Send email as logged in user: If you're using the users API, you
can now send email from the email address of the currently-logged-in
user.
There is a new API, function,... ? I can't find it.

2 - Support all mail attachment mime-types under Windows.
It is related to this : http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/mail/attachments.html
?

Thank you.

Regards

Marzia Niccolai

Aug 11, 2008, 1:33:32 PM8/11/08
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
 Concerning the first question, the API did not change at all, what was changed was the validation function for the sender address.  Previously, the sender was only valid if he or she was an application admin.  Now, in addition, the sender will be valid if it is the logged in user.

 Concerning the second question, this fixed an issue with the SDK where not all valid mime-types were able to be sent as mail attachments using the API.  Now, all valid mime-types are supported in the Windows SDK.

-Marzia