New app for finding wallpaper images - feedback welcome :)

Bonstio

Nov 26, 2008, 8:25:16 AM11/26/08
to Google App Engine
Hi all,

My first post here..

I'd be grateful if you could offer any feedback you might have on my
first App Engine app. I've never written Python before so it's been
interesting learning it.

http://localhost:8080/?size=o

Thanks!

Stephen Judd

Nov 26, 2008, 12:36:07 PM11/26/08
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
It's impossible for anyone to browse your localhost url.

Bonstio

Nov 27, 2008, 5:07:50 AM11/27/08
to Google App Engine
Oh dear - how very embarrassing! My apologies!!! That would be a copy/
paste error....

http://feeling-lucky.appspot.com/

On Nov 26, 5:36 pm, "Stephen Judd" <judd.step...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's impossible for anyone to browse your localhost url.

Ben Nevile

Nov 27, 2008, 11:18:45 AM11/27/08
to Google App Engine
Cool app Bonstio - my quick suggestion would be to re-organize the
page so that the image is at the top rather than below your
explanatory paragraph. I have to scroll down to see it on my small
laptop screen (1280x800).

Ben

Bonstio

Nov 27, 2008, 11:34:37 AM11/27/08
to Google App Engine
Thanks, Ben. Some useful feedback too. I'm rewriting the front end now
and will no doubt be adding features too :)

Thanks again!

kang

Nov 27, 2008, 7:24:22 PM11/27/08
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
support...and this site's css design need to be better
--
Stay hungry,Stay foolish.

Bonstio

Nov 27, 2008, 7:59:38 PM11/27/08
to Google App Engine
Agreed :-) This was made in a hackathon, a kind of proof of concept.
The JS and CSS are haphazard to say the least.

The rework is underway. I'll post back when it's done - which will be
soon!

Bonstio

Nov 28, 2008, 9:40:36 AM11/28/08
to Google App Engine
I've deployed a new version which I think is much improved. No real no
functionality but a better layout accompanied by AJAX loads instead of
reloading the whole page.

Thanks for your comments so far.

kang

Nov 29, 2008, 11:23:19 PM11/29/08
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
it alerts an error....

download error...for gae has limitation on timeout of urlfetch
--
Stay hungry,Stay foolish.

kang

Nov 29, 2008, 11:23:39 PM11/29/08
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
anyway, it's better than the early version

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 10:40 PM, Bonstio <bon...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Stay hungry,Stay foolish.