Unexpected CPU Quota Exceded

Alex Martin

Apr 15, 2008, 6:15:31 PM4/15/08
to Google App Engine
Hi Google,

I just uploaded my app and i realized that it cannot run due this
error:

04-15 03:07PM 35.663 This request used a high amount of CPU, and was
ro
This request used a high amount of CPU, and was roughly 2.4 times over
the average request CPU limit. High CPU requests have a small quota,
and if you exceed this quota, your app will be temporarily disabled.

This is a very simple application (similiar to the tutorial one) and i
cannot realize exactly where the CPU high consumption is taken, i
mean: may be the parsing template is taking to much time?

Can you help me?

Aaron Krill

Apr 15, 2008, 6:16:42 PM4/15/08
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Can you post your code somewhere?

Brett Morgan

Apr 15, 2008, 6:16:54 PM4/15/08
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Wanna show us some code?

gg

Apr 16, 2008, 1:50:40 AM4/16/08
to Google App Engine
Ran into the same problem by just running a query. Filed a bug report
on it earlier today #221. I think they need to tweak the quota system
a bit.....

On Apr 15, 3:16 pm, "Brett Morgan" <brett.mor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Wanna show us some code?

Brett Morgan

Apr 16, 2008, 2:00:25 AM4/16/08
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Err dude. DeadlineExceededError ?

What are you doing writing a query that returns 500+ results?

Have you not read any of the threads about designing schemas for big table?

Alex Martin

Apr 16, 2008, 2:29:52 AM4/16/08
to Google App Engine
Hi all,

I put a copy of the code here:

http://kodos.de/paste/index.php?paste=650

Yesterday i was finally able to run the code just deactivating the
"debug=True" flag :). Unfortunatelly today when i tried to visit my
app i got the same error again:

"04-15 11:10PM 55.356 This request used a high amount of CPU, and was
ro

This request used a high amount of CPU, and was roughly 2.4 times over
the average request CPU limit. High CPU requests have a small quota,
and if you exceed this quota, your app will be temporarily disabled."

May be in the method MainPage() i should use GqlQuery instead?

FYI: I only have 5 registers saved in the database.

Thanks in advance,

gg

Apr 16, 2008, 2:50:35 AM4/16/08
to Google App Engine
"Note: Queries have a system-wide maximum limit of 1000 results. If no
limit is specified, or if a limit larger than the maximum is
specified, the maximum is used as the limit." 500<1000

On Apr 15, 11:00 pm, "Brett Morgan" <brett.mor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Err dude. DeadlineExceededError ?
>
> What are you doing writing a query that returns 500+ results?
>
> Have you not read any of the threads about designing schemas for big table?

Brett Morgan

Apr 16, 2008, 2:57:57 AM4/16/08
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Sigh.

Alex Martin

Apr 16, 2008, 8:55:43 AM4/16/08
to Google App Engine
Hi again,

Something strange is happening, few hours ago my app started to run
ok without any modification in my code O_o, it seems like the app
quota constrains has changed.

Alex

Alex Martin

Apr 16, 2008, 6:14:58 PM4/16/08
to Google App Engine
Hi all,

I keep doing my tests, and i realized that always after i uploaded a
new version of my application i got the same error. Then i have to
wait for a while (5 ~ 10 minutes?) before it starts to run again.

Question for Google?
Does the appcfg.py upload APP_NAME uses the restricted CPU cicles
when it updates the application in your servers?

Thanks,
Alex