Your Web Application Project must be configured to use a JDK in order to use JSPs

Parkash Arjan

Apr 11, 2009, 7:30:29 AM4/11/09
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hello All

I am new to GAE and i am using java as my app engine language.
I wrote my first guestbook.jsp in eclipse ide and its giving the following error(Servlets are working fine).

Your Web Application Project must be configured to use a JDK in order to use JSPs.
guestbook.jsp    Guestbook/war    Unknown    Google App Engine Problem

can any one tell me how to resolve this.
attached are screens from IDE which shows environment settings.

Regards
Parkash
env1.JPG
env2.JPG

T.J. Crowder

Apr 12, 2009, 4:26:19 AM4/12/09
to Google App Engine
Hi,

Caveat: I haven't even used AppEngine for Java yet. But:

JSPs require access to a compiler at runtime, whereas servlets don't
(they're pre-compiled). The JRE doesn't have a compiler, it's just a
runtime environment. You need a JDK. In your second screenshot
(env2.jpg), you have jre1.6.0_07 ticked. I see you have jdk1.6.0_03
installed (it's the top item in that list), you might try ticking that
instead and seeing if that addresses the problem.

FWIW,
--
T.J. Crowder
tj / crowder software / com