Prerelease SDK 1.3.5 is out!

Ikai L (Google)

Jun 16, 2010, 2:11:30 PM6/16/10
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hey developers!

We've release the prerelease SDK for 1.3.5. Get it here:

If you want to try out new features locally before they go live, here's your chance. We welcome any feedback you have. Release notes for Java/Python are below:

Java
=================================
- Ability to configure the Task Queue storage limit with the
  total-storage-limit field in the queue.xml file.
- Task Queues now support up to 50 qps per queue, up from 50 qps per app.
- Developers can programmatically access Blobs with BlobstoreInputStream, which
  provides an InputStream view of a blob in Blobstore
- Content-range headers for Blobs are supported.
- Bulkloader transform helpers for lists and hierarchical keys were added.
- Remote API commands can be sent over HTTPS or HTTP.
- Admin Console logs now include information on request time latency.
- Fixed an issue where requesting /appstats would not properly direct to
  /appstats/.
- Fixed an issue with inconsistent URL mappings between the SDK and production.

Python
=================================
- Ability to configure the Task Queue storage limit with the
  total_storage_limit field in the queue.yaml file.
- Task Queues now support up to 50 qps per queue, up from 50 qps per app.
- Developers can programmatically access Blobs with BlobReader, a file-like
  interface for reading blobs.
- Content-range headers for Blobs are supported.
- Bulkloader transform helpers for lists and hierarchical keys were added.
- Remote API commands can be sent over HTTPS or HTTP.
- Admin Console logs now include information on request time latency.
- Db.delete will now accept an iterable, in addition to a list of models or
  keys.
- Fixed an issue properly handling a query with an offset that returns no
  results.
- Fixed an issue that improperly allowed quad-dotted netmasks as subnet prefixes
  for the DoS API.
- Fixed an issue via user submitted patch where the task queue used local time
  instead of UTC to compute ETA.
- Fixed an issue via user submitted patch in the SDK dataviewer displaying
  multiline StringProperties.

Bart Thate

Jun 16, 2010, 4:23:37 PM6/16/10
On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 8:11 PM, Ikai L (Google) <ika...@google.com> wrote:
> Hey developers!

Hoi Ikai !

> We've release the prerelease SDK for 1.3.5. Get it here:
> http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/downloads/list
> If you want to try out new features locally before they go live, here's your
> chance. We welcome any feedback you have.

I get the following when uploading my bot to GAE ..

Closing update: new version is ready to start serving.
Uploading index definitions.
Uploading cron entries.
Error 404: --- begin server output ---

<title>404 Not Found</title>
</head>
<h1>Error: Not Found</h1>
<h2>The requested URL
<code>/api/cron/update?version=1&amp;app_id=jsoncloud</code> was not
found on this server.</h2>
<h2></h2>
--- end server output ---

Must say i have no clue as what this is ;]

Bart

Ikai L (Google)

Jun 17, 2010, 12:59:56 PM6/17/10
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
It's a prerelease - you can't actually use these features in production yet.

I suspect the error you're seeing may be related to a brief outage we had this morning, though, and not from a version mismatch.

hawkett

Jun 17, 2010, 5:47:51 PM6/17/10
to Google App Engine
Hi Ikai - release sounds great - I just wanted to query the HTTPS with
remote API - we were under the impression this was already the case -

remote_api_stub.ConfigureRemoteDatastore(app_id=app_id, path='/
remote_api', auth_func=auth_func, servername=host, secure=secure,
save_cookies=True)

i.e. when the secure argument is True, then HTTPS is used for remote
API - has this not been the case? Our remote API handler specifies
'secure: optional' - from the following discussion I had assumed HTTPS
was being used for data as well

http://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine/browse_thread/thread/cec8a895d08335b4/9f474dc0848a4ca8?q=#9f474dc0848a4ca8

I'm guessing that assumption wasn't right right and secure=True only
applied to the credentials?

Cheers,

Colin