SLA

cdp777

Dec 11, 2008, 5:11:40 PM12/11/08
to Google App Engine
I'm planning on deploying appengine application under Google Apps and
wanted to know what I can expect on service level?

Primarily, uptime, minor outtages are okay, volume will be fairly low
with maybe an initial ramp up. Base on what I've seen with sites like
Buddy Poke. My thinking is a single form application should be
minimal. Any thoughts on this is much appreciated.

Ben Godfrey

Dec 26, 2008, 11:12:29 AM12/26/08
to Google App Engine
At the London Google Developer Day early this year we were promised an
SLA and a pricing plan by the end of the year by a member of the App
Engine team.

Ben

Barry Hunter

Dec 26, 2008, 1:24:22 PM12/26/08
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
I don't know if you got anything from chatting directly to someone,
but the annoucement was they where 'committed' to it - they didnt
promise it. Its a key reason not to disclose future plans, as it only
creates disappointment when expectations are not met.

Having said that, the roadmap is more formalized:
http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/roadmap.html

do also checkout this blog post:
http://googleappengine.blogspot.com/2008/12/system-status-dashboard-quota-details.html
which shows it is progressing.