Over Quota: Datastore Indices Count

paptimus

Dec 20, 2008, 2:40:29 AM12/20/08
to Google App Engine
Hi, GAE team.

I encountered "Your application is exceeding a quota: Datastore
Indices Count" on dashboard.

The number of indeces is under 50, but one model has about 30 indeces.
So I think this one is the point of over quota warning and vacuumed
these indeces.
Vacuume_index was completed and there is no index of that model.

But the warging of over quota ramains over 24 hours and the status of
a new index remains "building".

I hope you check my index and change the status to "Error" if my index
has problems, please.

Thanks.

Marzia Niccolai

Dec 22, 2008, 12:03:03 PM12/22/08
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

If you reply to me with your app id, I will be able to fix this.

-Marzia

koji matsui

Dec 23, 2008, 12:25:43 AM12/23/08
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Marzia.

I'm sorry I forgot to tell you my app id.
My app id is "book-case-2"

Thanks.

2008/12/23 Marzia Niccolai <ma...@google.com>:
--
-----------------
koji matsui

dloomer

Jan 3, 2009, 11:09:04 AM1/3/09
to Google App Engine
Is the index quota limit actually 50? I don't see that listed on my
Quota Details page or here: http://code.google.com/appengine/articles/quotas.html.

Anyway, just today I started seeing that warning in my dashboard even
though I have only 45 indices (no more than nine for any given entity
kind). What's strange is, I had never seen this warning before in
spite of the fact that up until yesterday, when I did some cleanup, I
had 13 additional indices on top of the current 45.

Incidentally, late last night I was getting 500 server errors on the
index update portion of my deployments (no further details on the
nature of the error were given).

I haven't quite nailed down the security model of my app yet, so I
don't want to make the app ID public here -- I can provide that in a
private e-mail.

Panos

Jan 4, 2009, 4:15:23 PM1/4/09
to Google App Engine
I see similar patterns with my case. I now have 56 indices but I used
to have many more before a recent reogranization of the code. I also
have been getting the 500 server errors but I assume that this is
related to the 'quotas' issue.

--Panos

Marzia Niccolai

Jan 5, 2009, 12:52:56 PM1/5/09
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The quota limit is 100, but there is currently an issue where vacuumed indexes don't get credited back when vacuumed.  I have fixed this issue with your quota for now.

-Marzia

Jose Florido

Mar 1, 2009, 5:08:26 PM3/1/09
to Google App Engine
Hi,

I also have the same message. I only use 50 indexes, so it's under the
limit.
The ID of my app is: museliusweb

thanks!

On 5 ene, 18:52, Marzia Niccolai <ma...@google.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The quota limit is 100, but there is currently an issue where vacuumed
> indexes don't get credited back when vacuumed.  I have fixed this issue with
> your quota for now.
>
> -Marzia

fedestabile

Apr 11, 2009, 11:20:42 PM4/11/09
to Google App Engine
Same happen to me, and I just developing the application, I don't have
any indexes defined

My app ID is: myclimbs

Thanks a lot!
Fred

johnP

Apr 15, 2009, 12:53:50 AM4/15/09
to Google App Engine
I have 54 indices, and am getting a warning that am exceeding a quota.

johnP

On Apr 11, 8:20 pm, fedestabile <stabile.feder...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Same happen to me, and I just developing the application, I don't have
> any indexes defined
>
> My app ID is: myclimbs
>
> Thanks a lot!
> Fred
>
> On Mar 2, 5:08 am, Jose Florido <joseflor...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
>
> > I also have the same message. I only use 50 indexes, so it's under the
> > limit.
> > The ID of my app is: museliusweb
>
> > thanks!
>
> > On 5 ene, 18:52, Marzia Niccolai <ma...@google.com> wrote:
>
> > > Hi,
>
> > > The quota limit is 100, but there is currently an issue where vacuumed
> > > indexes don't get credited back when vacuumed.  I have fixed this issue with
> > > your quota for now.
>
> > > -Marzia

Jeff S (Google)

Apr 16, 2009, 4:52:30 PM4/16/09
to Google App Engine
Hi Fred and Jose,

I've reset the index count for your apps, so the issue should be
alleviated.

John P,

Could you post or email your app ID?

Thank you,

Jeff

On Apr 14, 9:53 pm, johnP <j...@thinkwave.com> wrote:
> I have 54indices, and am getting a warning that am exceeding aquota.
>
> johnP
>
> On Apr 11, 8:20 pm, fedestabile <stabile.feder...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Same happen to me, and I just developing the application, I don't have
> > any indexes defined
>
> > My app ID is: myclimbs
>
> > Thanks a lot!
> > Fred
>
> > On Mar 2, 5:08 am, Jose Florido <joseflor...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Hi,
>
> > > I also have the same message. I only use 50 indexes, so it's under the
> > > limit.
> > > The ID of my app is: museliusweb
>
> > > thanks!

Paul

May 1, 2009, 2:57:47 PM5/1/09
to Google App Engine
Hi Jeff,

I've opened a ticket on this issue to help with tracking.

http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=1161

Please could you reset the quota on appid matchmatchy

Thanks,

Paul.

Jason (Google)

May 4, 2009, 6:48:45 PM5/4/09
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul. Thanks for adding the issue.

Your quota has been reset.

- Jason

fedestabile

May 7, 2009, 2:25:10 PM5/7/09
to Google App Engine
I'm running into the same problem, can you please reset my quota too?
my app id is myclimbs

Thanks a lot,
Fred

On May 5, 5:48 am, "Jason (Google)" <apija...@google.com> wrote:
> Hi Paul. Thanks for adding the issue.
>
> Your quota has been reset.
>
> - Jason

kaspa...@gmail.com

May 19, 2009, 5:11:40 AM5/19/09
to Google App Engine
I've only 8 indexes at the moment and I'm also getting "Your
application is exceeding a quota: Datastore Indices Count". The
application is basically stuck for couple days.

Could you please reset the quota, app ID is lasi2.

Thanks,
Kaspars

Jeff S (Google)

May 19, 2009, 6:48:14 PM5/19/09
to Google App Engine
Fred, I've reset the index count so you should be all set. Kaspars
I've reset the index quota for your app as well and it looks like you
had some indexes which were stuck in the building state so I've moved
them to error.

Happy coding,

Jeff

On May 19, 2:11 am, "kaspars...@gmail.com" <kaspars...@gmail.com>

fedestabile

May 23, 2009, 11:50:07 PM5/23/09
to Google App Engine
Thanks Jeff, it's working fine now :)

Cheers,
Fred

On May 20, 5:48 am, "Jeff S (Google)" <j...@google.com> wrote:
> Fred, I've reset the indexcountso you should be all set. Kaspars
> I've reset the indexquotaforyourapp as well and it looks like you
> had some indexes which were stuck in the building state so I've moved
> them to error.
>
> Happy coding,
>
> Jeff
>
> On May 19, 2:11 am, "kaspars...@gmail.com" <kaspars...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I've only 8 indexes at the moment and I'm also getting "Your
> >applicationisexceedingaquota:DatastoreIndicesCount". The
> >applicationis basically stuck for couple days.
>
> > Could you please reset thequota, app ID is lasi2.
>
> > Thanks,
> > Kaspars

Thomas McKay - www.winebythebar.com

Jun 23, 2009, 12:12:39 PM6/23/09
to Google App Engine
My app is getting "Your application is exceeding a quota: Datastore
Indices Count" after a vacuum. Could I get a reset of indices count
please?
App: winebythebar

Jeff S (Google)

Jun 23, 2009, 12:46:17 PM6/23/09
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thomas,

I've reset the index count, apologies for the inconvenience.

Happy coding,

Jeff

gae123

Jun 24, 2009, 2:24:29 PM6/24/09
to Google App Engine
Jeff,

I have the same issue, my app id is neatschool. Could you please
assist me as well?

Thanks

Nick Johnson (Google)

Jun 25, 2009, 5:09:43 AM6/25/09
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi gae123,

Your index quota has been reset.

-Nick Johnson
--
Nick Johnson, App Engine Developer Programs Engineer
Google Ireland Ltd. :: Registered in Dublin, Ireland, Registration Number: 368047

garyo

Jun 25, 2009, 4:06:23 PM6/25/09
to Google App Engine
I'm getting this as well, on gdodemo

Got stuck in index error states, a bunch of vacuuming fixed it but ...

Cheers, Gary

On Jun 25, 3:09 am, "Nick Johnson (Google)" <nick.john...@google.com>

Jeff S (Google)

Jun 25, 2009, 4:49:26 PM6/25/09
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gary,

I've reset the index count quota for your app.

Happy coding,

Jeff

Thomas McKay - www.winebythebar.com

Jun 28, 2009, 11:03:20 PM6/28/09
to Google App Engine
Dashboard says over quota on indices again. No updates or vacuums
today.
App: winebythebar

On Jun 23, 12:46 pm, "Jeff S (Google)" <j...@google.com> wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
> I've reset the index count, apologies for the inconvenience.
>
> Happy coding,
>
> Jeff
>
> On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 9:12 AM, Thomas McKay -www.winebythebar.com<

Shawn

Jun 29, 2009, 11:33:38 AM6/29/09
to Google App Engine
Hello GAE Team,

We are also experiencing the "Your application is exceeding a quota:
Datastore Indices Count" on one of our test applications.

application: steprep-demo
Number of indexes: 88 (14 stuck in 'Building' for 3+ days)

Can you folks work your magic or otherwise instruct me on how to
remedy the solution from our end?

Thanks

On Jun 25, 3:09 am, "Nick Johnson (Google)" <nick.john...@google.com>

Jeff S (Google)

Jun 29, 2009, 8:05:27 PM6/29/09
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thomas,

I've rest this quota, apologies for the delay.

Thank you,

Jeff

Jeff S (Google)

Jun 29, 2009, 8:10:04 PM6/29/09
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shawn,

The stuck indexes should now be in the error state so that they can be vacuumed. I've also reset the index count quota.

Thank you,

Jeff

trongdinh

Jul 2, 2009, 2:11:06 AM7/2/09
to Google App Engine
Hi Jeff,

I have an application (id is trongdinh) in the same situation with
some stuck indexes and index count message. Please change them as
well. Thank you.

Trong

trongdinh

Jul 2, 2009, 5:32:40 AM7/2/09
to Google App Engine
Hi Jeff,

I have an application (id is trongdinh) with the same situation (stuck
indexes, index count notice). Could you change those indexes please.

Thank you.

Trong Dinh

Jeff S (Google)

Jul 2, 2009, 7:38:48 PM7/2/09
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi Trong Dinh,

I've reset the count and errored out the indices.

Cheers,

Jeff

jamesv

Aug 4, 2009, 2:23:12 PM8/4/09
to Google App Engine
My application (me-trics) seems to have this same issue, 37 active
indexes but still receiving the "Your application is exceeding a
quota: Datastore Indices Count" and is therefore throwing:

Uploading index definitions.
Error 500: --- begin server output ---

Server Error (500)
A server error has occurred.
--- end server output ---
Your app was updated, but there was an error updating your indexes.
Please retry later with appcfg.py update_indexes.

whenever I deploy.

NiklasRTZ

Aug 4, 2009, 2:35:31 PM8/4/09
to Google App Engine
Same issue with my app last day or two. Cause unknown whether it's due
to datastore or modelling.

Guy Rutenberg

Aug 11, 2009, 2:24:17 AM8/11/09
to Google App Engine, Oded Poncz
Hi Jeff,

We are experiencing the same issue with app-id: labpixiesdata. It
reports Datastore Indices Count is 100 of 100, while the index page
only lists 3 indexes and our entities are small without many
properties. I don't think we did an index vacuum (at least not
recently).

I would appreciate if you could look at it and sort it out. Also would
you be able to say how can we avoid this situation at all?

Thanks,

Guy

On Jun 30, 3:05 am, "Jeff S (Google)" <j...@google.com> wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> I've rest this quota, apologies for the delay.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Jeff
>
> On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 8:03 PM, Thomas McKay -www.winebythebar.com<

Nick Johnson (Google)

Aug 11, 2009, 6:52:37 AM8/11/09
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
I've reset quotas for me-trics and labpixiesdata. I can't reset
NiklasRTZ's index quota, since he didn't provide an App ID.

-Nick Johnson
--
Nick Johnson, Developer Programs Engineer, App Engine

James Raby

Sep 9, 2009, 3:07:34 AM9/9/09
to Google App Engine
Hello -

I am also experiencing the same issue.

After updating my app (app-id: vhac) the dashboard is reported that I
am
exceeding quota at 100% for the datastore indices count. Can you reset
the quota? Thanks

-James

On Aug 11, 3:52 am, "Nick Johnson (Google)" <nick.john...@google.com>
wrote:
> I've reset quotas for me-trics and labpixiesdata. I can't reset
> NiklasRTZ's index quota, since he didn't provide an App ID.
>
> -Nick Johnson
>

> On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 7:24 AM, Guy Rutenberg<g...@labpixies.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Jeff,
>
> > We are experiencing the same issue with app-id: labpixiesdata. It
> > reportsDatastoreIndicesCountis 100 of 100, while the index page
> > only lists 3 indexes and our entities are small without many
> > properties. I don't think we did an index vacuum (at least not
> > recently).
>
> > I would appreciate if you could look at it and sort it out. Also would
> > you be able to say how can we avoid this situation at all?
>
> > Thanks,
>
> > Guy
>
> > On Jun 30, 3:05 am, "Jeff S (Google)" <j...@google.com> wrote:
> >> Hi Thomas,
>
> >> I've rest this quota, apologies for the delay.
>
> >> Thank you,
>
> >> Jeff

Nick Johnson (Google)

Sep 9, 2009, 6:08:15 AM9/9/09
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi James,

I've reset your index quota.

-Nick Johnson

Jeff S (Google)

Sep 9, 2009, 4:38:43 PM9/9/09
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi James,

This has been resolved for vhac.

Thank you,

Jeff

Thomas Bohmbach, Jr.

Oct 8, 2009, 12:45:18 PM10/8/09
to Google App Engine
Hi Nick. We're seeing this same issue on 'giftag-int'. Could we get
a reset as well?

-Thomas

On Sep 9, 5:08 am, "Nick Johnson (Google)" <nick.john...@google.com>

Jeff S (Google)

Oct 8, 2009, 2:39:37 PM10/8/09
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thomas,

I've reset your index count quota. It didn't look like you had any indexes stuck in the building state.

Happy coding,

Jeff

James Raby

Oct 19, 2009, 5:05:00 PM10/19/09
to Google App Engine, derric...@gmail.com
I am seeing this issue on application vhac again. Can you reset
again? Not sure if it is something we are doing ...

Nick Johnson (Google)

Oct 20, 2009, 10:17:51 AM10/20/09
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Fixed.

-Nick Johnson

Matt Atwater

Apr 25, 2011, 5:11:23 PM4/25/11
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Nick,

I know this is an older thread but I am also seeing this issue.  I have seen this on my production app as well as test apps.  I've vacuumed the indexes but the quota stays the same.  The apps are:

aprigocloudlock
aprigoninjadev
aprigoninja4
cloudlockdev