Django: Custom tag libraries?

Lutz Horn

Apr 25, 2008, 5:05:19 AM4/25/08
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

did anybody add a Django custom tag library to an GAE application? I'd
like to use the paginator tag described in
<http://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/PaginatorTag>. Then the "load" tag
<http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/0.96/templates/#custom-tag-and-filter-libraries>
could be used to include the tag library.

I've tried to follow the description given at
<http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/0.96/templates_python/#extending-the-template-system>
but only get the error:

TemplateSyntaxError: 'paginator' is not a valid tag library: Could not
load template library from django.templatetags.paginator, No module
named paginator

Any ideas?

Lutz

--
Do you want a Google Mail invitation? Just write me an email!

justinjas

Apr 25, 2008, 8:48:15 AM4/25/08
to Google App Engine
This page may help, shows how to get custom helpers running in GAE.
http://daily.profeth.de/2008/04/using-custom-django-template-helpers.html

Lutz Horn

Apr 25, 2008, 9:29:19 AM4/25/08

2008/4/25 justinjas <just...@gmail.com>:

> This page may help, shows how to get custom helpers running in GAE.
> http://daily.profeth.de/2008/04/using-custom-django-template-helpers.html

Thanks,I'll try this.