how to use simplejson with GAE

Marko Vuksanovic

May 22, 2008, 4:27:26 PM5/22/08
to Google App Engine
I have installed simplejson library on my local machine,.. Here it
works fine,.. but when i upload the application to the server i get
error

<type 'exceptions.ImportError'>: No module named simplejson

What do i need to do to make simplejson work on the server....?

Thanks

Karim A.

May 22, 2008, 4:38:51 PM5/22/08
to Google App Engine
No need to upload it, it's included with django :)

just do:

from django.utils import simplejson

On May 22, 9:27 pm, Marko Vuksanovic <markovuksano...@gmail.com>

Marko Vuksanovic

May 23, 2008, 5:02:49 AM5/23/08
to Google App Engine
And what if i'm not using django?

Sylvain

May 23, 2008, 5:40:01 AM5/23/08
to Google App Engine
django is part of he SDK, so, there is nothing to do.

You can import simplejson from the simpljson website but it's useless.

Regards.

On May 23, 11:02 am, Marko Vuksanovic <markovuksano...@gmail.com>

Marko Vuksanovic

May 23, 2008, 6:02:40 AM5/23/08
to Google App Engine
I figured this out,

Anyway thanks....

cam...@leftfieldlabs.com

Jun 14, 2013, 6:47:13 PM6/14/13
to google-a...@googlegroups.com, Marko Vuksanovic
- Update for anyone who's going through the same issue. I spent about a half hour of my life looking for the answer here.

SimpleJson has been renamed to Json in one of the latest versions. If you don't update to the latest version of simplejson you wouldn't have this problem. So you can revert to a earlier version or you can add the following to the top of the python file that gives the problem:

import json as simplejson

Probably Google has some requirement on the versions when you install the App Engine SDK for python.

Cheers,
Cameron