App Engine Security

vij...@gmail.com

Apr 10, 2009, 6:38:48 PM4/10/09
to Google App Engine
Hi

I am very interested in the app engine and the cloud computing
approach. However, I have a question regarding Google data centre
security.

I work in the insurance / financial services sector and when I have to
pitch solutions to clients, often managers, especially ones who are
not very technical, ask about the security at the data centre. They
wouldn't know or probably even care or understand the answers;
however, they look at industry certifications.

Basically, I need to name-drop certifications in lieu of technical
talk. I was wondering which certifications of the google data centres
I could talk about.

Thanks

Regards

vw

Jeff S

Apr 13, 2009, 2:11:11 PM4/13/09
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi vw,

What are some of the specific certifications you are interested in? What would be most helpful?

Thank you,

Jeff

vij...@gmail.com

Apr 14, 2009, 7:27:50 AM4/14/09
to Google App Engine

Hi Jeff

Thanks for your reply.

I am really enjoying using this and I can see a great benefit in my
projects from this. However, as I said, I have to deal with non-
technical people who will ask questions similar to the following. I
would like to be able to give them some answers, so any help you could
give me would be appreciated.

1. Security certifications done by banks or financial institutions in
the US / Europe / Australia markets. I'll hunt up a list and post back
if you need more info.
2. Legal implications of data storage locations. Can users like me
specify that data storage be restricted to specific countries or
geographic markets; eg. Australia?
3. Also, I was reading online about GAE offering TLS/SNI for user
domains other than *.appspot.com. Would you be able to give any
indications as to when this would be available?

Thanks for your help.

Regards

vw