Datastore Admin broken on python27

Maximillian Dornseif

Dec 26, 2011, 9:41:05 AM12/26/11
to Google App Engine
Is it just me or its he Datastore Admin not working in python27
Applications?

--md

sb

Dec 26, 2011, 5:22:42 PM12/26/11
to Google App Engine
Sometimes it doesn't work in certain browsers..

Maximillian Dornseif

Dec 27, 2011, 4:56:16 AM12/27/11
to Google App Engine

On Dec 26, 11:22 pm, sb <shaneb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sometimes it doesn't work in certain browsers..

I do not believe it is a browser issue. I tested Safari, Firefox &
Chrome.
Jobs just stay in something like "Active (0 steps completed, 3
active)" while the Status page you get when you follow the link on the
kick-off message at https://....appspot.com/_ah/mapreduce/detail?mapreduce_id=1585488962863262B1322
claims it doesn't know the job.

--md

Anand Mistry

Dec 27, 2011, 1:43:34 PM12/27/11
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Looks like you're trying to use a feature of the datastore admin that uses map reduce. This is not well tested with Python 2.7 and may not work. This is one of the reasons why we're removing datastore admin and map reduce from python 2.7 in 1.6.2 (map reduce will be back).

The recommended way to use datastore admin with Python 2.7 is by enabling it through the administration console (http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/adminconsole/datastoreadmin.html).

Maximillian Dornseif

Dec 30, 2011, 7:22:30 PM12/30/11
to Google App Engine

On Dec 27, 7:43 pm, Anand Mistry <amis...@google.com> wrote:
> The recommended way to use datastore admin with Python 2.7 is by enabling
> it through the administration console
> (http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/adminconsole/datastoreadmin.html).

I wasn't aware that the console enabled view the web was different
than the one enabled via app.yaml.

Thanks for the hint!

--md

Maximillian Dornseif

Dec 30, 2011, 7:38:24 PM12/30/11
to Google App Engine

On Dec 31, 1:22 am, Maximillian Dornseif <m.dorns...@hudora.de> wrote:
> On Dec 27, 7:43 pm, Anand Mistry <amis...@google.com> wrote:
> > The recommended way to use datastore admin with Python 2.7 is by enabling
> > it through the administration console
> > (http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/adminconsole/datastoreadmin.html).
> Thanks for the hint!

Hmm. Now I only get:

The requested URL /_ah/login_required?continue=https://ah-builtin-
python-bundle-dot-latest-dot-hdwawi.appspot.com/_ah/datastore_admin/?
app_id=s~hdwawi was not found on this server.

seems to be broken for apps using federated login :-(

--md

Niklas Rosencrantz

Jan 2, 2012, 3:11:33 AM1/2/12

On Saturday, December 31, 2011 1:38:24 AM UTC+1, Maximillian Dornseif wrote:

On Dec 31, 1:22 am, Maximillian Dornseif <m.dor...@hudora.de> wrote:
> On Dec 27, 7:43 pm, Anand Mistry <ami...@google.com> wrote:
> > The recommended way to use datastore admin with Python 2.7 is by enabling
> > it through the administration console
> > (http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/adminconsole/datastoreadmin.html).
> Thanks for the hint!

Hmm. Now I only get:

The requested URL /_ah/login_required?continue=https://ah-builtin-
python-bundle-dot-latest-dot-hdwawi.appspot.com/_ah/datastore_admin/?
app_id=s~hdwawi
was not found on this server.

seems to be broken for apps using federated login :-(

--md

Yes that was the result when trying to use it with federated login but it seems you can switch to google accounts and then (probably) switch back to federated once you have done your admin job, or like I did ditch federated login and use google, facebook and own accounts since those are the ones people tend to use anyway. So there is one or two workarounds if you really must use the datastore admin console running into this problem. I just switched back to plain Google accounts and then it works.

Sincerely,
Nick Rosencrantz

Brian Quinlan

Jan 3, 2012, 6:25:37 PM1/3/12