Silly PyChecker problem...

Charles Merriam

Aug 13, 2008, 4:43:36 AM8/13/08
to Google App Engine
This may sound horribly simple, but I cannot get PyChecker to run
against may GAE application. What am I missing?

Thank you,

Charles

export PYTHONPATH=/home/chasm/i/google_appengine:/home/chasm/i/
google_appengine/google/:/home/chasm/i/google_appengine/lib/
chasm@blue-laptop:~/p/g/thumb$ python thumb.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "thumb.py", line 2, in <module>
from google.appengine.ext import webapp
File "/home/chasm/i/google_appengine/google/appengine/ext/webapp/
__init__.py", line 68, in <module>
import webob
ImportError: No module named webob

Charles Merriam

Aug 13, 2008, 2:20:28 PM8/13/08
to Google App Engine
There must be a better way, but for now I hacked this into the
beginning of my thumb.py

import sys
sys.path.append('/home/chasm/i/google_appengine')
sys.path.append('/home/chasm/i/google_appengine/lib')
sys.path.append('/home/chasm/i/google_appengine/lib/webob')

Charles

Daniel O'Brien

Aug 13, 2008, 3:43:21 PM8/13/08
to Google App Engine
Setting your PYTHONPATH environment variable is another option, though
it varies from system to system. For example, on OSX and Linux
systems, using the default install path (and assuming Google Groups
doesn't muck with line breaks):

PYTHONPATH=/usr/local/google_appengine/:/usr/local/google_appengine/
lib/yaml/lib/:/usr/local/google_appengine/lib/webob/:/usr/local/
google_appengine/lib/django/django/:$PYTHONPATH
export PYTHONPATH
pychecker yourapp.py

This should cover all three libraries currently included in the lib
directory of the SDK.

Daniel

On Aug 13, 11:20 am, Charles Merriam <charles.merr...@gmail.com>