Support for a new runtime language

Marcel Overdijk

Apr 7, 2009, 8:51:32 AM4/7/09
to Google App Engine
On the GAE program roadmap page (http://code.google.com/intl/nl/
appengine/docs/roadmap.html) it's noted that in the first half of 2009
GAE will have support for a new runtime language.

I'm wondering what the status is about this.

Will there be announcement soon? Will it be realy available in Q2 2009
or will it just be announced in Q2 and perhaps only delivered in in
2010?

Google has always been very quit about this. But to make decissions on
using or not using GAE has to with future directions of the platform.
I think it's important to shed some light on this.

WallyDD

Apr 7, 2009, 3:05:27 PM4/7/09
to Google App Engine
Nothing has been reported by Google. There is a lot of speculation
around the web.

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2009/03/is_java_on_deck.html

Or maybe this was it ... but probably not.
http://googleappengine.blogspot.com/2009/04/brand-new-language-on-google-app-engine.html

dafire

Apr 7, 2009, 3:09:11 PM4/7/09
to Google App Engine
I guess there will be huge announcements in may

http://code.google.com/intl/de-DE/events/io/

Marcel Overdijk

Apr 8, 2009, 2:28:29 PM4/8/09
to Google App Engine