Simultaneous asynchronous URL Fetch calls limit

IgorNovak

Sep 9, 2010, 10:50:42 AM9/9/10
to Google App Engine
Hi, I'm new here, so excuse me if my question is a bit "dummy"

GAE references say that the app can have up to 10 simultaneous
asynchronous URL Fetch calls: http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/python/urlfetch/overview.html#Requests

I didn't unterstand, does it mean 10 calls for one user request or for
the whole application?

I've made the app that calls several async requests to different
services for one user request. It seems working well but I'm not sure
how it will behave with large number of users.

Thanks

Ikai L (Google)

Sep 9, 2010, 2:49:07 PM9/9/10
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
The limit of 10 applies to asynchronous urlfetches in a single request as describe here:

That being said, if a large proportion of your requests are making URLFetch requests and this causes your user facing round trips to be 800ms+, App Engine will not autoscale the number of instances you have running. It's best to move these operations to task queues.

Ikai Lan