SMS verification in Japan

Ian Lewis

May 30, 2008, 11:51:38 AM5/30/08
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

Anyone else having trouble verifying their account via SMS? I use Softbank and it's not listed in the dropdown through it's listed as a supported carrier. Any clues?

P.S. any clue why it's required in the first place?

walt...@gmail.com

May 30, 2008, 1:13:24 PM5/30/08
to Google App Engine
Yes..I use Nextel in Argentina, it is not even listed as a supported
carrier...

Best regards,
Walter

Francois

May 31, 2008, 12:35:53 AM5/31/08
to Google App Engine
Vodafone is listed, you should use that
Vodafone Japan was bought back by Softbank 2 years ago

However it didn't work for me, so I just select 'Other' in the country
and put my full phone number with the +81

Ian Lewis

May 31, 2008, 2:22:00 AM5/31/08
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Yah, I tried selecting Vodaphone also and it didn't work. I also chose the other and put my full phone number and that seemed to go through, but the sms message never came.

Atsushi Mizuno

May 31, 2008, 11:52:44 PM5/31/08
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
I chose 'Other' and put phone number(remove first 0) with +81.
It worked for me with Softbank.

turutosiya

Jun 10, 2008, 9:41:21 PM6/10/08
to Google App Engine
Hello.

I can't recieve authentication SMS with my mobile phone (au by KDDI).

Is there anyone can recieve it?
How can i make it possible?