Cron - "Too many continues"

Ben

Apr 16, 2009, 9:48:38 PM4/16/09
to Google App Engine
So trying out cron, I use a outside box to cron today and I use the
common App Engine 302 method to avoid deadline exceeded errors (hand
to another script via 302 for each item rather than trying to do all
in one shot). When I move my job over to App Engine cron I get "too
many continues" can someone tell me how many 302s it will follow and
assuming it is relatively limited do I have any options here?

Thanks,
-Ben

Anthony Baxter

Apr 17, 2009, 1:05:47 AM4/17/09
to Google App Engine
You can't use 302 redirects to extend a cron jobs lifetime, sorry.

Anthony

On Apr 17, 11:48 am, Ben <ben.hedring...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So trying outcron, I use a outside box tocrontoday and I use the
> common App Engine 302 method to avoid deadline exceeded errors (hand
> to another script via 302 for each item rather than trying to do all
> in one shot). When I move my job over to App EnginecronI get "too

Alain de R

Jun 6, 2009, 3:47:53 PM6/6/09
to Google App Engine
does this mean that I cannot use urlFetch in a cron job ?

Wooble

Jun 7, 2009, 2:35:40 PM6/7/09
to Google App Engine
No, urlfetch works in in a cron job. You just can't try to redirect
the "browser" that's visiting your site to run the cron job.

Ian Lewis

Jun 8, 2009, 12:46:06 AM6/8/09
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Just a related thought, this kind of thing should be a non-issue once the background processes api is released which should be soon. Long running processes should probably be migrated to that once it's released rather than using cron since you're not limited to how often cron runs.
--
株式会社ビープラウド  イアン・ルイス

Alain de Raynal

Jun 8, 2009, 2:20:24 AM6/8/09
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Thank Wobble and Ian.

I removed the HttpServletRequest.sendRedirect from the servlet handling my cron job and it now succeeds.

I will keep my ears open for the background process api...