dxp namespace in the results xml feed

neilc

Apr 22, 2009, 10:56:42 AM4/22/09
to google-analytics-api - GA Data Export API
Hello

First question: Why does there appear to be nothing at the URI's given
for the namespaces in the results XML .

I am trying to access
xmlns:dxp='http://schemas.google.com/dataexport/2009'

When I try and access this I'm getting

"Address Not Found
Firefox can't find the server at schemas.google.com."

I'm no namespace expert but the ones Ive used in the past have
namespaces definitions at the URL provided.

Without it I have no idea how to access the the following attributes

<dxp:dimension name="ga:country"> Albania </dxp:dimension>

I'm using PHP if anyone can offer any help.
Many thanks

Nick

Apr 22, 2009, 2:35:54 PM4/22/09
to google-analytics-api - GA Data Export API
Hi,

The name spaces don't have to be actual URLs as the XML parser just
treats them as strings.
You can read more about namespaces here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XML_namespace

Your best bet is to look at the format of our data feed here :
http://code.google.com/p/ga-api-http-samples/source/browse/trunk/src/v1/dataFeedResponse.xml
Linked from this samples page : http://code.google.com/apis/analytics/docs/gdata/gdataLibraries.html

Notice there are a bunch of entries with all the dimensions and
metrics you've requested from the feed query parameters.

Hope this helps you get going,
-Nick