Event tracking in the GA API?

wpalmeri

Apr 22, 2009, 10:02:59 PM4/22/09
to google-analytics-api - GA Data Export API
Are there any dimensions or metrics for Events in the API? I've been
waiting a while for the API to be publicly released and I'd really
like to integrate Events into some custom reporting using the API.

I understand Event tracking is still being tested, so I'm holding out
hope that you have some undocumented dimensions/metrics for Events :)

Thanks,
Will

Jesse Savage

Apr 23, 2009, 4:16:37 PM4/23/09
to google-analytics-api - GA Data Export API
In general, the Data Export API won't support features that aren't
available to all users. Event Tracking is still in beta and not
available to everyone. Once it's available to all users, we'll work on
adding support for it in the API.

FYI, we've also heard this request from other users. So it's on our
radar and we do want to get to it.

jboutelle

Apr 29, 2009, 7:51:03 PM4/29/09
to google-analytics-api - GA Data Export API
We would really appreciate this feature as well! Events ROCK, add 'em
to the API please. ;->
-J

Todd Sharp

May 5, 2009, 8:58:42 AM5/5/09
to google-analytics-api - GA Data Export API
+1. Would love to see event tracking added.

On Apr 29, 7:51 pm, jboutelle wrote:
> We would really appreciate this feature as well! Events ROCK, add 'em
> to the API please. ;->
> -J
>
> On Apr 23, 1:16 pm, Jesse Savage wrote:
>
> > In general, the Data Export API won't support features that aren't
> > available to all users.EventTracking is still in beta and not
> > available to everyone. Once it's available to all users, we'll work on
> > adding support for it in the API.
>
> > FYI, we've also heard this request from other users. So it's on our
> > radar and we do want to get to it.
>
> > On Apr 22, 7:02 pm, wpalmeri wrote:
>
> > > Are there any dimensions or metrics for Events in the API? I've been
> > > waiting a while for the API to be publicly released and I'd really
> > > like to integrate Events into some custom reporting using the API.
>
> > > I understandEventtracking is still being tested, so I'm holding out

Nick Le Mouton

May 17, 2009, 8:29:04 PM5/17/09
to google-analytics-api - GA Data Export API
I would also be keen to see event tracking available from the data
export API.

On Apr 24, 8:16 am, Jesse Savage wrote:
> In general, the Data Export API won't support features that aren't
> available to all users.EventTracking is still in beta and not
> available to everyone. Once it's available to all users, we'll work on
> adding support for it in the API.
>
> FYI, we've also heard this request from other users. So it's on our
> radar and we do want to get to it.
>
> On Apr 22, 7:02 pm, wpalmeri wrote:
>
> > Are there any dimensions or metrics for Events in the API? I've been
> > waiting a while for the API to be publicly released and I'd really
> > like to integrate Events into some custom reporting using the API.
>
> > I understandEventtracking is still being tested, so I'm holding out

Jeff B

Jun 2, 2009, 1:57:30 PM6/2/09
to google-analytics-api - GA Data Export API
Would also love to see events become available for export through the
GData API, I think this might even be more useful that the standard
visitor/content data.

Thanks!

On May 17, 8:29 pm, Nick Le Mouton wrote:
> I would also be keen to see event tracking available from the dataexportAPI.
>
> On Apr 24, 8:16 am, Jesse Savage wrote:
>
> > In general, the DataExportAPI won't support features that aren't
> > available to all users.EventTracking is still in beta and not
> > available to everyone. Once it's available to all users, we'll work on
> > adding support for it in the API.
>
> > FYI, we've also heard this request from other users. So it's on our
> > radar and we do want to get to it.
>
> > On Apr 22, 7:02 pm, wpalmeri wrote:
>
> > > Are there any dimensions or metrics forEventsin the API? I've been
> > > waiting a while for the API to be publicly released and I'd really
> > > like to integrateEventsinto some custom reporting using the API.

barnacle

Jun 2, 2009, 7:46:48 PM6/2/09
to google-analytics-api - GA Data Export API
Again +1. We are tracking outbound clicks from a users profile and
want to display the performance of their profile (views/outbound
clicks) in a nice dashboard. In the meantime I guess we will use the
track page view code instead but Event Tracking is a far nicer
solution.

Thanks,
Glen

On Apr 23, 2:02 pm, wpalmeri wrote:
> Are there any dimensions or metrics forEventsin the API? I've been
> waiting a while for the API to be publicly released and I'd really
> like to integrateEventsinto some custom reporting using the API.

POP Analytics

Jun 11, 2009, 11:58:53 AM6/11/09
to google-analytics-api - GA Data Export API
Now that event tracking is available to everyone, any ETA on when
we'll have it in the GA API?

- Ophir
> > Will- Hide quoted text -

Nick

Jun 11, 2009, 4:30:01 PM6/11/09
to google-analytics-api - GA Data Export API
It's something we're looking at closely, but have no plans on
discussing our road map publicly.

We will, however, prioritize features on feedback we hear through this
group :)
-Nick

RS

Jun 15, 2009, 9:16:22 AM6/15/09
to google-analytics-api - GA Data Export API
+1 for event tracking!!!

Event tracking is one of the most powerfull features of Google
Analytics and in combination with an API it will be a killer app,
opening a whole new range of possibilities.

> - Visa citerad text -

Dudi

Jun 16, 2009, 12:12:52 PM6/16/09
to google-analytics-api - GA Data Export API
I agree. For us, a large web publisher, accessing both Events and
AdSense information (the integrated AdSense data in Analytics) through
the Google Analytics API are two most significant features. Will be
happy to hear as soon as those dimensions/metrics are released!

steveruiz

Jun 16, 2009, 3:38:05 PM6/16/09
to google-analytics-api - GA Data Export API
Jumping on the "please add event tracking to the API" bandwagon!

This is a very important feature!

snowstorm

Jun 16, 2009, 6:33:02 PM6/16/09
to google-analytics-api - GA Data Export API
Yes, event tracking is of great utility, but most of the value is
unaccessible unless the API is available to export the data. The built
in interface that only allows interactive export of a subset of data
just doesn't cut it.

guytom

Jul 6, 2009, 5:08:40 PM7/6/09
to google-analytics-api - GA Data Export API
add my vote for that!

danithaca

Jul 8, 2009, 3:10:22 PM7/8/09
to google-analytics-api - GA Data Export API
events tracking would be very important!!!
thanks!

andres

Jul 8, 2009, 4:15:06 PM7/8/09
to google-analytics-api - GA Data Export API
Hi,

I will love to query events from the GA API!!

Andrés

Pat

Jul 9, 2009, 3:58:01 AM7/9/09
to google-analytics-api - GA Data Export API
Major +1 for querying events. Thanks, Nick. :)

salvador

Jul 9, 2009, 9:33:19 PM7/9/09
to google-analytics-api - GA Data Export API
+1 for event tracking; Thanks !

Jeremy Shipman

Jul 14, 2009, 10:46:05 PM7/14/09
to google-analytics-api - GA Data Export API
+1 for event tracking.

dudus

Jul 15, 2009, 9:42:53 AM7/15/09
to google-analytics-api - GA Data Export API
Event Tracking is available to everyone for a couple of months now.
But still it's not available to be used on the API, custom reports,
advanced segments nor as a goal.

So it's not that useful yet.

+1 to implement event support to all app

Leo Naressi

Jul 15, 2009, 9:50:53 AM7/15/09
to google-analytics-api - GA Data Export API
+1 to implement event support to all app including capabilities to
filter events, events in custom reports, and reporting through api. :)

natco

Jul 15, 2009, 6:54:42 PM7/15/09
to google-analytics-api - GA Data Export API
a big YES to EVENTS Tracking...quickly please : )

Shawn

Booster

Jul 16, 2009, 7:47:42 AM7/16/09
to google-analytics-api - GA Data Export API
The google API is great, but it would be super with the event tracking
in it!
+1

Corné

FFlyer

Jul 20, 2009, 2:30:53 PM7/20/09
to google-analytics-api - GA Data Export API
+5 for Events available via API!

inakivb

Jul 30, 2009, 7:18:33 AM7/30/09
to google-analytics-api - GA Data Export API
Any news about this?

I'm involved in a big proyect and i was about to made my awn tracking
sistem, this will save me lots of work and time :)

+1

On 20 jul, 20:30, FFlyer wrote:
> +5 for Events available via API!
>
> On Jul 16, 4:47 am, Booster wrote:
>
> > The google API is great, but it would be super with theeventtracking
> > in it!
> > +1
>
> > Corné
>
> > On 11 jun, 22:30, Nick wrote:
>
> > > It's something we're looking at closely, but have no plans on
> > > discussing our road map publicly.
>
> > > We will, however, prioritize features on feedback we hear through this
> > > group :)
> > > -Nick

Nick

Jul 30, 2009, 1:14:17 PM7/30/09
to google-analytics-api - GA Data Export API
Hey Guys,

Just an update....we heard you and we're working on this; it's a top
priority. Not sure on the ETA, but stay tuned!

-Nick

Brad

Aug 21, 2009, 11:10:11 AM8/21/09
to google-analytics-api - GA Data Export API
Thanks; we need it!

snowstorm

Aug 27, 2009, 4:50:56 PM8/27/09
to google-analytics-api - GA Data Export API
Any progress on this? This would be seriously helpful.

Matthew

Nick

Aug 28, 2009, 2:07:25 PM8/28/09
to google-analytics-api - GA Data Export API
Yes we're actively looking at it...hold tight :)

-Nick

Tao

Sep 1, 2009, 4:43:51 AM9/1/09
to google-analytics-api - GA Data Export API
Come on! i love to see eventCategory, eventAction, eventLabel as
demension. eventTotal...as metrix. Then my solution will got much
nicer. event tracking make more sense than "/virtual/event/happen"

David Fernandez

Sep 7, 2009, 12:18:33 PM9/7/09
to google-analytics-api - GA Data Export API
+1 to event tracking through API.

is there any official answer from the Google guys?

Anybody knows if Omniture support this feature?
Message has been deleted

SAYED ALI

Sep 10, 2009, 3:56:04 PM9/10/09
to google-analytics-api - GA Data Export API
Omniture has a option of Dataware housing. Where you can get dataware
housing reports I guess and they have a way where you can get the
report extracts in any format you want.

EricFilson

Sep 10, 2009, 4:43:07 PM9/10/09
to google-analytics-api - GA Data Export API
+1,000,000 for Event exporting...

I'm surprised it wasn't added in at the same time this Event Tracking
became available publicly... I use event tracking for outgoing links
and attach internal ids so setting up a nightly cron to suck in the
previous days values and generate my reports would be very slick.
Hope this is released soon!!!
Message has been deleted

turang

Sep 15, 2009, 2:22:45 AM9/15/09
to google-analytics-api - GA Data Export API
Do you have any updates for the event tracking request?

Downstream Technologies

Sep 17, 2009, 2:09:02 AM9/17/09
to google-analytics-api - GA Data Export API
One more here! :) We are also waiting for Event Export. It will be a
great feature!

BenG

Sep 17, 2009, 9:16:19 AM9/17/09
to google-analytics-api - GA Data Export API
+1 Here.

This will make the export api even more useful than it already is!
Message has been deleted

danithaca

Oct 1, 2009, 9:42:21 AM10/1/09
to google-analytics-api - GA Data Export API
Any progress on this? Now I'm using iMacros to manually download the
CSV files, which is a big pain.....

Nick

Oct 1, 2009, 8:43:27 PM10/1/09
to google-analytics-api - GA Data Export API
It's been released for a few weeks now...you should subscribe to our
notify group: http://groups.google.com/group/google-analytics-api-notify

-Nick