[GA-API] outputs of the query explorer are garbled

phar

May 13, 2010, 10:07:38 AM5/13/10
to google-analytics-api - GA Data Export API
At the moment, I use the data feed query explorer.
http://code.google.com/apis/analytics/docs/gdata/gdataExplorer.html

The last time, probably one week ago, I used it, it was all righ.
But now I encounter the garbled characters in my multi-byte
characters in Japanese.
http://www.google.com/buzz/kimiyuki/EFR77q4FkzX/%E6%96%87%E5%AD%97%E5%8C%96%E3%81%91

Has there any change in the system of the explorer?

Spanishgringo

May 14, 2010, 10:29:34 AM5/14/10
to google-analytics-api - GA Data Export API
For me, Query Explorer does not work at all in Firefox 3.6.4, even in
safe mode. After clicking Authorize Access, the screen just goes
blank. The Interactive Examples are broken as well.

On May 13, 4:07 pm, phar <kimiy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> At the moment, I use the data feed query explorer.http://code.google.com/apis/analytics/docs/gdata/gdataExplorer.html
>
> The last time, probably one week ago, I used it, it was all righ.
> But now I  encounter the garbled characters in my multi-byte
> characters in Japanese.http://www.google.com/buzz/kimiyuki/EFR77q4FkzX/%E6%96%87%E5%AD%97%E5...

Nick

May 14, 2010, 2:11:01 PM5/14/10
to google-analytics-api - GA Data Export API
The query explorer hasn't changed for a couple of months.

So if it suddenly stopped working there must be an issue external to
the tool. for me it works fine in firefox 3.6.3. 3.6.4 was released in
beta a couple of days ago. Maybe there's a bug? Could you try using a
different (stable) browser version?

As for the character output, it might be an issue with the Google
visualization library, I'm not sure. Is this happening cross browser?

-Nick

phar

May 15, 2010, 10:21:26 AM5/15/10
to google-analytics-api - GA Data Export API
Hi, Nick. Thank you for response.

As for the character output,
- firefox(Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; ja; rv:1.9.2.3)
Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3)
- chrome(4.1.249.1064 (45376))
have the same problem which (I think) might not interpret some
characters, although it used to work.

and IE8, I even can not make the authentication, the process does not
ended successfully. while the authentication process, it stops at
"http://ga-api-javascript-samples.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/src/
explorer/explorer.html#2%....."
I do not use IE8, so it is ok for IE8.

I upload the images. I guess, in this case, the browser(firefox) does
not misinterpret the characters, but give up the interpretation. The
characters of rectangles or 'FFFD' (in the images) suggest it.
Query-Explorer-google-analytics-does-not">imges in my buzz</a>

and also, the right image in the uploaded files, which capture the
response by firebug, suggests that there might be a problem with data
trasnmitted in the post request(https://www.google.com/analytics/feeds/
data?ids=ga%3A2304....).

One or two weeks ago, it did work(appear right characters). And there
has been no change from that time.
I have not yet find any to solve.

It is not a critical problem. I use the export api with Ruby and
continue to work fine in Japanese. GA is great.
So, I just want to hear if some hints would appear.