Help me

Saurabh

Jul 3, 2009, 3:53:31 AM7/3/09
to google-analytics-api - GA Data Export API
Hi,

I am using google data export api. But I face some problems :

1: Want a help regarding to metrics "ga:timeOnSite".
It is not giving correct time format. I got the time in decimal
format and it is not matching from the time which is showing on
analytics account.

2: How to get the bounce per day in a certain time period through
"ga:bounces"
because we also want to create line graph through bounces per day or
visitors per day.

Thanks

ShoreTel

Jul 6, 2009, 7:26:53 PM7/6/09
to google-analytics-api - GA Data Export API
I can answer number 2. You will want to include a "date" dimension
(like ga:date) when you request your metric ga:bounces. That will give
you the breakdown of bounces per date.

Nick

Jul 7, 2009, 11:48:32 AM7/7/09
to google-analytics-api - GA Data Export API
Hi,

Time on site is returned as a float or a double, depending on the
client library. This number represents the time as the total number of
seconds.

-Nick

Wilbur Cross

Aug 7, 2009, 11:12:14 AM8/7/09
to google-analytics-api - GA Data Export API
Any idea how to convert this in Excel back to the regular time format
seen in the Analytics account (00:00:00)?

Thanks!

Nick

Aug 7, 2009, 8:57:06 PM8/7/09
to google-analytics-api - GA Data Export API

Saurabh

Aug 10, 2009, 12:34:16 PM8/10/09

On Aug 8, 5:57 am, Nick wrote:
> I found a couple of solutions here:http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=seconds+to+hh%3Amm%3Ass&btnG=Sea...
>
> This one seems cool:http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51869
>
> On Aug 7, 8:12 am, Wilbur Cross wrote:
>

> > Any idea how to convert this in Excel back to the regular time format
> > seen in the Analytics account (00:00:00)?
>
> > Thanks!
>
> > On Jul 7, 11:48 am, Nick wrote:
>
> > > Hi,
>
> > > Time on site is returned as a float or a double, depending on the
> > > client library. This number represents the time as the total number of
> > > seconds.
>
> > > -Nick

Saurabh

Aug 10, 2009, 12:36:54 PM8/10/09
to google-analytics-api - GA Data Export API
Hi,

Please tell me, how to get average time on site in a certain time
period?

Thanks

Nick

Aug 10, 2009, 12:51:37 PM8/10/09
to google-analytics-api - GA Data Export API
Hi you need to calculate average time on site (ga:timeOnSite/
ga:visits) as this page mentions :
http://code.google.com/apis/analytics/docs/gdata/gdataReferenceCommonCalculations.html#visitorDuration

Then specify your date range in the query.

-Nick

Saurabh

Aug 13, 2009, 2:10:58 AM8/13/09
to google-analytics-api - GA Data Export API
Hi,

The "timeonsite" is coming in this format: 1.670646725E9
Suppose "visits" is 2392728
Then how do we get the result in minutes and seconds. Any help would
be appreciated.

Thanks and Regards
Saurabh

On Aug 10, 9:51 pm, Nick wrote:
> Hi you need to calculate average time on site (ga:timeOnSite/
> ga:visits) as this page mentions :http://code.google.com/apis/analytics/docs/gdata/gdataReferenceCommon...
>
> Then specify your date range in the query.
>
> -Nick
>
> On Aug 10, 9:36 am,Saurabhwrote:
>

> > Hi,
>
> > Please tell me, how to get average time on site in a certain time
> > period?

Nick

Aug 13, 2009, 12:50:49 PM8/13/09
to google-analytics-api - GA Data Export API
Hi,

The GA unit is total seconds but represented as a double through the
API. You'll need to convert to your time format of choice.

-Nick