Update to Data Export API

Nick

Jun 30, 2009, 10:12:58 PM6/30/09
to google-analytics-api-notify
New updates to the Google Analytics Data Export API have been
released.

1. Some restrictions on dimension and metric combinations have been
relaxed. You can now query most content and visitor level dimensions
together, for example ga:pagePath and ga:source is now a valid
combination. Please see the updated reference guide for these new
combinations : http://code.google.com/apis/analytics/docs/gdata/gdataReferenceDimensionsMetrics.html#explore2Pair

2. The total number of rows that can be asked for in one request has
been increased to 10,000. The default is still 1000, but can now be
increased by setting the "max-results" query parameter.

3. The Account Feed now returns two new data elements for each table
id (currency and timezone).
<dxp:property name='ga:currency' value='USD'/>
<dxp:property name='ga:timezone' value='America/Los_Angeles'/>

4. We're now enforcing that data queries must include at least one
valid metric.

5. All previous deprecation changes have taken effect.

Thank you again for using the Analytics API. We continue to listen to
your feedback carefully and are prioritizing roadmap based on what you
have to say. Let us know what you think, or if you have questions or
comments, please post them to our discussion group here:
http://groups.google.com/group/google-analytics-api

Thanks,
-Nick on behalf of the Google Analytics API team