http://code.google.com/apis/errors for Translate widget banned for no reason.

danguerrera

Dec 12, 2011, 5:14:12 AM12/12/11
to Google AJAX APIs
Hello, Im been banned for unknown reasons. I use Google Translate
only on my dashboard (Mac), thats it. I speak english, living in a
non english speaking country. I use it to read head lines only.
Google is not answering my request after I filled out the questionare
at http://code.google.com/apis/youtube/2.0/developers_guide_protocol_error_responses.html

The posts on this are quit old can someone please shed some light on
this?

Cheers,
Dan

Jeremy Geerdes

Dec 12, 2011, 7:43:40 AM12/12/11
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com
There have been some significant changes in the Google Translate API in the last couple of weeks. Namely, the v1 Translate API was discontinued on 1 December. And the v2 Translate API moved to a paid model. In order to use the v2 API, you must activate it via the API Console and enable billing by providing a valid credit card number.

Also, regarding the questionnaire you filled out, I would point out that the link you provided is for the YouTube APIs. I don't know that you could expect a response regarding the Translate API from the YouTube team. Then again, to be honest, Google's various direct support channels are, in general, less than helpful.

Jeremy R. Geerdes
Generally Cool Guy
Des Moines, IA

For more information or a project quote:
jrge...@gmail.com

If you're in the Des Moines, IA, area, check out Debra Heights Wesleyan Church!

> --
> To view this message on the web, visit
> http://groups.google.com/group/google-ajax-search-api?hl=en_US
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/google-ajax-search-api?hl=en?hl=en

danguerrera

Dec 12, 2011, 9:32:55 AM12/12/11
to Google AJAX APIs
Thanks Jeremy for the fast answer. Ok, Google translate is now a pay
for use api. Got it. But to say I was suspected of abuse, not nice.
At least I know now. Sorry about the miss directed link. I used
translate so rarely it was quite the suprise.
thanks for your time on this.
dan

all the best for DHWC