Google Suggest API Parameters

korneld

Apr 14, 2010, 4:36:26 PM4/14/10
to Google AJAX APIs
What does exactly the 'num_queries' parameter indicate in the results
of the Google suggest API? (exaple: http://google.com/complete/search?output=toolbar&q=microsoft)
I am guessing it's the number of times a query has been typed in by
users, but for what time period? Is it a month's worth, average for
the last several months, or last month's data, or what? Since the
numbers tend to be so high, it may even be possible that it's the
total number of searches for that phrase ever since the API's
inception. Any thoughts on that?

Jeremy Geerdes

Apr 14, 2010, 4:44:42 PM4/14/10
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com
Two things. First, it's the estimated number of results for that query. Second, there is no license that I have ever seen which allows developers to tap that API outside of the google.com interface. In other words, you're not allowed to use it. Believe me, I asked. Sorry.

Jeremy R. Geerdes
Effective website design & development
Des Moines, IA

For more information or a project quote:
http://jgeerdes.home.mchsi.com
jrge...@gmail.com

If you're in the Des Moines, IA, area, check out Debra Heights Wesleyan Church!