Google Translate limitation

Christopher Z.

Feb 25, 2012, 3:42:55 PM2/25/12
to Google AJAX APIs
Hello,

Google Translate API is now paid for using. But there is still
available google chrome extension "Google Translate" which use some
service to translate whole webpage.
I found that service:
http://translate.googleapis.com/translate_a/t?anno=3&client=tee&format=html&v=1.0&logld=v7

and working when i send POST with my data.

And my question is, can i use this service to my chrome extension.
Google can block my extension for using this service ?

Jeremy Geerdes

Feb 25, 2012, 3:57:21 PM2/25/12
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com
Technically, you can almost surely use that endpoint. But legally is another question. Google has discontinued the free Translate API for public use. With no terms of use for the endpoint that you've found, you essentially do not have permission to utilize it for your own purposes. Google can develop products that use their own service, but without permission, it is illegal for you to do so.

Jeremy R. Geerdes
Generally Cool Guy
Des Moines, IA

For more information or a project quote:
jrge...@gmail.com

If you're in the Des Moines, IA, area, check out Debra Heights Wesleyan Church!