App Open Ads are showing with the app content as background

Lucas Sanches

Nov 30, 2022, 7:12:35 AM11/30/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Some app open ads are showing with the app content as background, as illustrated in the attached image. If the user clicks on the background, the ad opens. This behavior has led the user to error, as he believes that the application's content is not part of the ad.

Platform: Android
Version of player service ads: 20.0.4

App Open Ads showing with the app content as background:
app_open_ads_with_content_as_background_resized.png

App content without app open ads (just for comparison):
app_content_resized.png

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Dec 1, 2022, 2:06:34 AM12/1/22
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Lucas,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

For us to better check this ad behavior content, can you provide us the following details below privately? You can provide the following details via reply privately to author option or directly provide it to the link below.

  • Charles log (see instruction here
  • App ID
  • Device name and versions affected

If the file(s) you are looking to share are less than 25mb in total you can attach them to this case on your next reply. If you are having trouble attaching your file to this case or if your file(s) are larger than 25mb, you can share your files with me by performing the following steps:

1. Navigate to

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfkAiXMeYP-fw1W3Z-tT9uwmATEKO5X6S-th0gR2ezdKaaqfg/viewform?usp=pp_url&entry.400550049=Mobile+Ads+SDK&entry.460850823=5004Q00002ggvRZQAY&entry.80707362=00158819

2. Fill out all fields, and attach your file(s).

3. Please reply back on this thread when you have uploaded your file(s). Please do not share this link.

Regards,

Google Logo
Princess Pamela
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2ggvRZ:ref

Lucas Sanches

Dec 6, 2022, 8:14:09 AM12/6/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Princess Pamela,

Unfortunately, ads of this type stopped showing without us doing anything about it. So, we weren't able to capture the requests for those ads, in particular.

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Dec 6, 2022, 1:41:22 PM12/6/22
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lucas,

I work along with Princess Pamela. Allow me to assist you in this.

I've tested our sample app and I wasn't able to replicate the reported issue. Instead, the ads shows fine on my end (please see attached screenshot). It appears that the issue only triggers on a specific ad. With that, I'm afraid that we're left with not much of an option here as we'll need a detailed debug information from a device where it's observed in order to actually make any progress in diagnosing this. The only way for us to investigate further is by capturing the Charles log while reproducing the issue, as this will enable us to replicate the behavior in our test app environment (by trafficking the creative in the test network).

With that said, please provide us the Charles log (see instruction here) so we could further investigate the issue.

Regards,
Google Logo
Teejay Wennie
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2ggvRZ:ref
appopenads.png

Meet Miyani

Feb 15, 2023, 3:05:44 AM2/15/23
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
I have the same issue, with my app
Here the detailed problem in the link :  https://support.google.com/admob/thread/201996512?hl=en
I have posted it in Google Admob Help

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Feb 15, 2023, 9:20:13 AM2/15/23
to miyani...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I've seen that you've open a new thread with the same concern you've mentioned here. Kindly refrain from opening multiple forum threads with the same content for better tracking of the issue. Let's continue our conversation on the new thread you've created.