[Android 4.02 SDK] QVGA emulator = no test ads

Dustin

Mar 24, 2011, 8:37:02 PM3/24/11
to Google AdMob Ads Developers
1. Run ad code on QVGA emulator.
2. It tries to load real ads (I get OnReceiveAd(No ads to show))
3. Shut down emulator, edit its details to change it to WVGA800
4. Run again from eclipse, and test ads work fine.

wes

Mar 25, 2011, 7:14:58 PM3/25/11
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Dustin,

Are you giving the ad view 320x50 *dip*?  Or are you specifying with some other method?

Cheers,
Wes

wes

Mar 25, 2011, 7:17:53 PM3/25/11
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Also, if you're trying to show test ads, we're seeing a bug in the ad server that's blocking their display on lower density screens.  This should be a fix on our side, so it shouldn't necessitate an SDK upgrade.  Rest assured that regular ads should be displaying appropriately in production.

Cheers,
Wes

Dustin Wyatt

Mar 26, 2011, 4:21:45 PM3/26/11
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com, wes
I don't remember the specifics at this point, and I don't have the time to look in to it further at this very moment, but I do know that in other situations when I was working on my layouts and there wasn't enough room for the ad, I get an error from the ads sdk saying something specifically about not having the room to display the ad.

Regards,

Dustin