AdMob ad size for WP7

Tainanian

Mar 18, 2011, 10:18:15 AM3/18/11
to Google AdMob Ads Developers
I just wondered what sizes are allowed/valid in WP7 apps? I saw there
are banner size specs for Android and iPhone but not WP7.

I have two apps designed with two ads size 300x50 and 480x80 (specs
from MS Ad). When I run in test mode, the ad for smaller size is
trimmed not scaled. I wondered how it will work in real ads.

Thanks.

Rory Lydon

Mar 18, 2011, 11:04:10 AM3/18/11
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hey Tainanian.

> I just wondered what sizes are allowed/valid in WP7 apps?

The WP7 SDK currently only supports 320 x 50 banners.

Thanks!

Tainanian

Mar 18, 2011, 11:45:09 AM3/18/11
to Google AdMob Ads Developers
Thanks, Rory. So what will happen if the ad container size is
different? The ad will scale to fit, or just cut off? I really want
to design ads to fit in my app better.

Rory Lydon

Mar 18, 2011, 12:53:20 PM3/18/11
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hey Tainanian.

A couple of things.

First I should correct myself. While the creative may actually be 320 x 50 – as seen by the advertiser and on the other platforms – on WP7 BannerAd's size is always 480 x 75. This is why the graphic appears slightly enlarged.

> So what will happen if the ad container size is different? The ad will scale to fit, or just cut off?

BannerAd should always render itself at precisely that size. It will not scale.

Hope that helps...

Thanks!

Tainanian

Mar 18, 2011, 4:49:30 PM3/18/11
to Google AdMob Ads Developers
So I wondered what's the guideline for ad size of WP7 apps? If I only
have a ad container of 300X50 (or 320x50), will AdMob serve ads
without problems, despite the ad might be cut off? Or I have to have
a ad container at size of 480x75? This will affect my UI design of
the apps.

Thanks.

Rory Lydon

Mar 18, 2011, 5:14:03 PM3/18/11
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hey there.

> Or I have to have a ad container at size of 480x75?

Yes – otherwise you'd be mis-presenting the ads, which would be very bad [smile]...

Thanks!