Choral Concert by Le Cantanti this Sunday!

Dhilanthi Fernando

Jun 17, 2016, 7:59:02 AM6/17/16
to Hyde Park Village, Good Neighbors
Hello All

Celebrate Father's Day with us!

Le Cantanti di Chicago, the women's choir that I direct, which comprises many Hyde Park residents, will be presenting our spring concert "A Wonderful World" this Sunday at 6 pm, at St Therese Church in Chinatown.

Come and hear a great selection of songs either composed or arranged for women's voices, including Mozart's Lacrimosa, Mendelssohn's Lift Thine Eyes, I waited for the Lord, 2 songs by Gustav Holst, Gilbert and Sullivan's Three Little Maids from School, Weiss and Theile's What a Wonderful World, Piazzolla's Libertango, and more! We will be joined by musicians from St Therese church as well.

Admission is free, but your freewill gift is welcome. The proceeds will be donated to Catholic Relief Service for Ecuador earthquake relief work.  (Please write checks to Catholic Relief Service and write Ecuador earthquake relief on the memo line)

See the attached flyer.

Our Mission: We are a diverse group of women enriching our world through the joy of choral performance, weaving a musical tapestry from many genres and cultures. We are committed to using our voices to uplift the human spirit and to support causes that promote peace, hope, and wholeness in the world.

"Like" us on Facebook!​ https://www.facebook.com/LeCantanti/

We will also sing on Tuesday, June 21st, 6:30 pm, at the I-House, to celebrate Make Music Chicago!

​See you soon!​

--
Dhilanthi Fernando

Cell: +1 773 895 5164
Home: +1 773 952 8676

Service to others is the rent you pay for your house on Earth.--Muhammad Ali

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard

LCDC June 19 Concert flyer.pdf