V3.1 Released Today

Mark Liversedge

Aug 18, 2014, 6:06:32 PM8/18/14
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
We are proud to announce that GoldenCheetah v3.1 has been released today.

We have recorded a video to explain the main changes, and the user guide has been overhauled to cover all the main features along with an updatedFAQ.

MAJOR NEW FEATURES

1. Compare Mode
   * Across Summary, Ride, QA, CP, Histogram, Metric charts
   * Compare Athletes, Seasons, Rides, Intervals
   * Easy and intuitive user interface

2. Additional Power Duration Models
   * Multiple PD models now available
   * Track changes in model estimates for W', CP, P-Max, FTP over time
   * Track changes in model estimates for any duration over time

2. Merge data from multiple rides into a single ride
3. Share Dialog to upload to multiple services in one click

OTHER SELECTED HIGHLIGHTS

* Open Athletes in Tabs
* Redesign Tabbed mode with a ChartBar
* Themes and better support for color customisation
* Improved Interactivity (axes, interval hover)

Device enhancements
* Fixed up Tacx Fortius Support
* Pedal Smoothness / Torque Effectiveness support

Metrics and new science
* Plot best x power
* Plot estimated W', CP, FTP et al
* W'bal implemented with metrics

Charts
* Improved UX for chart configuration and setup
* Export data for MMP curves, trends data
* Over 50 new charting options (heat, stack, labels etc etc)

Work on 3.11 starts today, focusing on indoor training.

Mark Ewers

Aug 18, 2014, 6:57:41 PM8/18/14
to Mark Liversedge, golden-cheetah-users golden-cheetah-users
Congratulations!

Cannot thank you enough for all the hard work you guys are putting into this.

Mark

Julian

Aug 18, 2014, 8:31:01 PM8/18/14
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
AWESOME!!!

In addition, the new website is pretty kick ass.

Y'all never cease to amaze, can't wait to see what 3.11 brings ;p

Salvatore Taibi

Aug 18, 2014, 9:33:15 PM8/18/14
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Robert Chung

Aug 18, 2014, 9:37:00 PM8/18/14

On Monday, August 18, 2014 3:06:32 PM UTC-7, Mark Liversedge wrote:
We are proud to announce that GoldenCheetah v3.1 has been released today.

Very nice. Thanks to all for your efforts.

Xplora213

Aug 19, 2014, 2:40:58 AM8/19/14
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Well done!

Mark Liversedge

Aug 19, 2014, 4:58:49 AM8/19/14
On Tuesday, 19 August 2014 01:31:01 UTC+1, Julian wrote:
In addition, the new website is pretty kick ass.

Damien has been busy and there is more to come in the next days, including a science section covering some of the core concepts.

For me personally, the awesome work done by Joern on the WIKI/User Guide and Damien's website update along with Compare mode are the real big milestones for our project in 3.1.

Mark

BartMan

Aug 19, 2014, 6:04:42 AM8/19/14
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Hi
tks for your hard work.
At moment link of user guide give a 404 error page not found on gitub...
Have a nice day.

Mark Liversedge

Aug 19, 2014, 6:26:25 AM8/19/14
On Monday, 18 August 2014 23:06:32 UTC+1, Mark Liversedge wrote:
We are proud to announce that GoldenCheetah v3.1 has been released today.

We have recorded a video to explain the main changes, and the user guide has been overhauled to cover all the main features along with an updatedFAQ.

I mucked up the link to the user guide in this post, I should have linked here

Mark

BartMan

Aug 19, 2014, 9:31:07 AM8/19/14
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com

works fine tks ;)

Sebastian Z.

Aug 19, 2014, 11:36:01 AM8/19/14
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com

THANK YOU for the best, most sophisticated and advanced cycling power analysis software on the market. And it is all FREE.

For some time I have stopped using all other power analysis apps. Golden Cheetah is light years ahead of competition, to be more precise looking at current offers there is no competition.

You guys are doing such amazing job for cycling community, there should be some kind of award for all of you. You are exploring untouched areas, creating the history of modern cycling training. I’m supper happy and lucky just being able to look at your work while is being done.

Thank You!

Dr. Philip Skiba

Aug 19, 2014, 11:39:18 AM8/19/14
to Mark Liversedge, golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Well done, team. Very impressive to see a group of people from all over the world collaborating on an open source project like this.

Phil

Sent from my iPhone

massarob.info

Aug 19, 2014, 12:46:49 PM8/19/14
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
getting better and better with every release

Kurt1232

Aug 19, 2014, 2:41:42 PM8/19/14
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations and thanks a lot!

I would have following remarks and questions:

1. As I use German as language setting I found out that special characters are not displayed correctly as in 3.0.
2. After installation I was able to set different preferences, now after some restarts I don't have the preference menu any longer.
3. After every shut down/restart of CG I get a crash report.
4. I can not see any functionality using the Diagram option in the left pane. Nothing happens click on the displayed diagram types.
5.

Just some remarks and thank again for that great work!

Mark Liversedge

Aug 19, 2014, 4:21:26 PM8/19/14
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com, liver...@gmail.com
On Tuesday, 19 August 2014 16:39:18 UTC+1, Dr. Philip Skiba wrote:
Well done, team. Very impressive to see a group of people from all over the world collaborating on an open source project like this.

Phil

We count you as a member of the team .. so Thank YOU !

Mark

Mark Liversedge

Aug 19, 2014, 4:28:13 PM8/19/14
On Tuesday, 19 August 2014 19:41:42 UTC+1, Kurt1232 wrote:
Congratulations and thanks a lot!

I would have following remarks and questions:

1. As I use German as language setting I found out that special characters are not displayed correctly as in 3.0.

I think there is a problem .. we are still trying to work out why it goes wrong.

2. After installation I was able to set different preferences, now after some restarts I don't have the preference menu any longer.

I have seen that myself with QT5, I will check it.

3. After every shut down/restart of CG I get a crash report.

This is the "German bug" -- for some reason it only happens when using German language !
We are trying to work out why it happens.

4. I can not see any functionality using the Diagram option in the left pane. Nothing happens click on the displayed diagram types.

When you select a chart on the left pane you need to be looking at the 'Library' chart on the chart bar.

Cheers

Mark

paull

Aug 19, 2014, 6:03:44 PM8/19/14
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Column resizing still bad. Its not great "during" resizing but its acceptable.. worst thing is if you constantly resize the window (I RDP in from different machines with different screen sizes so it auto resizes when you login) .. then the columns get totally messed up.

Rest of it is very good tho. Well done.

Jon Beverley

Aug 20, 2014, 2:54:45 AM8/20/14
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
I've seen the problem with the column resizing incorrectly. I wonder if it is just a windows thing? Anyone on linux or mac seen it?

Jörn R.

Aug 20, 2014, 3:25:00 AM8/20/14
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kurt,

since GC is working fine in German for some/most? German setups (I am also reviewing the feedback on a German forum). It would be helpful to understand
which OS, which Version, which language setting of your OS (locale), which GC package (32bit/64bit) causes the problem.

I am personally building/running on W7 (64bit version) - 32bit, 64bit QT4.6.8 / QT5.3.1 in changing variants both in German and English and never had such general problems
(like 1.) - but some single feature related problems (mostly related to different behavior of QT4 vs. QT5 w.r.t. locale/special characters.

Best regards.
Joern

Tim

Aug 20, 2014, 8:22:50 AM8/20/14
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Great work, can't thank the team enough. Only problem I have found so far (iMac with Lion 10.7.5 running Universal build) is that in the Aerolab tab, the bottom row of sliders with ETA and Offset are half off the bottom of the window? with no way to change.

Tim

Alex Delli

Aug 20, 2014, 9:39:34 AM8/20/14
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
fedora package works with ubuntu?

Kurt1232

Aug 20, 2014, 10:42:49 AM8/20/14
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
@Jörn

I'm using Mountain Lion 10.8.3 with German language setting, CG 64 bit current final 3.1.

Chris C.

Aug 20, 2014, 12:31:44 PM8/20/14
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Could it a be a German carter in one of the ride that's causing the issue?

Jörn R.

Aug 21, 2014, 7:14:44 AM8/21/14
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Yes, char's > 127 in .Json files are causing a problem. I just had a chance to test on a Mac (10.9.4).

- Mac 3.1 64Bit - QT5
   - When editing a ride in GC and adding special chars worked fine for both saving and loading again
   - When trying to edit a file via TextEditor on Mac (and adding chars>127) made the .Json import totally fails (but this is not our use-case)

- Mac 3.1. Universal - QT4
   - Both loading the .Jsons created on the Win 7 with special characters and editing worked fine (editing the file directly on Mac has not been tested)

We had a similar effect for Windows before in different behavior of QT4 vs QT5 when loading .JSONs files with special characters.
This had been fixed, so that it worked both for QT4 and QT5 based builds (but I was not expecting different behavior on other platforms,
which now is proven to be true.)

So until this is fixed - just try the Universal Build for Mac (as said - it worked for me - but I could just do some limited testing).
I will raise a message on GitHub for follow up outside
this post.

Joern

Kurt Huber

Aug 21, 2014, 11:29:04 AM8/21/14
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Is there any chance to get the preference menu back?

Xplora213

Aug 22, 2014, 10:38:28 AM8/22/14
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Will the science stuff cover the way CP is auto calculated? I'm struggling to understand the CP/FTP estimations, because they are around 30-40 watts lower than I would estimate using the NP figures. It would be nice to be able to track this estimated FTP over time as well, my recent FTP estimate is 50W lower than the estimate I get from the previous 6 months of data. I had to start a new athlete to make sure I was getting a sensible estimate that reflected my current performance (as I haven't ridden much for 3-4 months)

Kurt1232

Aug 26, 2014, 5:06:37 AM8/26/14
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Hi, any chance to get the preference menu back? Tried a new installation but got still the German version without preferences. Would also like to use the English one with the preference menu. But how can I obtain that?

Thanks!

Mark Liversedge

Aug 26, 2014, 5:19:55 AM8/26/14
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Its not something we can help with -- it is a QT bug, or possible a problem with QT translation files compiled in to the binary.
Until Joern has worked out the fix the only thing you can really do is switch from German translation.

Mark

Kurt1232

Aug 26, 2014, 9:29:24 AM8/26/14
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
I would like to switch from German translation - but how? When I reinstall GC 3.1 I've still the German translation without the preference menu to switch back to English.

Mark Liversedge

Aug 26, 2014, 10:23:09 AM8/26/14
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Oh crikey of course !

This should at least allow you to get to the preferences menu change it and then start up with the 3.1 official...

Mark

Kurt1232

Aug 27, 2014, 3:54:37 AM8/27/14
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, but I get also after installing 3.11 dev still the German version without the preference menu.

Mark Liversedge

Aug 27, 2014, 5:29:36 AM8/27/14
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
OK, so I've changed to german and it looks like due to translation the preferences menu is under tools->options; or in German Werkzeuge -> Optionen.

I suspect the translated menu item name doesn't move under  Preferences with QT5.

Mark

Kurt1232

Aug 27, 2014, 6:35:47 AM8/27/14
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot, it works!

Adam Kennedy

Aug 28, 2014, 4:13:09 PM8/28/14
to golden-cheetah-users
Hello Forum,
I'm going through the Tutorials that GC has on it's website but can't figure out how to add W'bal to the Rides view. Can someone point out the steps to add this? I'm in 3.1.0.

Thanks,
AMK

Pete from AUS

Aug 29, 2014, 10:16:48 PM8/29/14
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Under 'all chart settings' the W'Bal checkbox is in the Metrics group

A minor report from me:
I did a Power v Slope 2d plot and selected 'ignore zero' but that means no plots at zero slope. Should only ignore zero power, imo

Pete from AUS

Aug 29, 2014, 10:23:41 PM8/29/14
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
power v slope zeros.png
power v slope.png

Mark Liversedge

Aug 30, 2014, 5:14:06 AM8/30/14
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Totally ! Will fix that

Mark

Xplora213

Aug 31, 2014, 9:16:55 AM8/31/14
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
The new Extended CP modelling seems to be very sensitive to certain changes depending on your ride history. I've had some blistering tempo/threshold efforts in the last month on this new athlete file, but only saw 230w CP. Rode 5 hours yesterday over 120kms, despite much lower average power and a strong 20 minute climb the modelled CP went up to 250! I didn't have any long rides in the athlete until then. Is this a weakness in the modelling? Regardless I really really like it (although I get no history in the KPI tracker).

Mark Liversedge

Oct 8, 2014, 4:19:02 PM10/8/14
On Tuesday, 19 August 2014 23:03:44 UTC+1, paull wrote:
Column resizing still bad. Its not great "during" resizing but its acceptable.. worst thing is if you constantly resize the window (I RDP in from different machines with different screen sizes so it auto resizes when you login) .. then the columns get totally messed up.

Joern has just pushed a fix for column resizing that is really nice, it will be in 3.1 SP1.
Sometime before the end of the year.

Mark

Christian Charette

Oct 8, 2014, 6:13:00 PM10/8/14
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Ohhh that works really well! Thanks Joern :)

Chris

Bleve

Oct 13, 2014, 8:50:12 AM10/13/14
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Awesome that this is out!  I am looking forward to playing with it with my track sprinters!

Out of curiosity - has the import WKO+ feature been taken away?  I installed 3.1 on a Windows 7 32 bit PC and tried to grab my latest files in WKO+ (3.whatever is their last release), GC is refusing to import the files - it used to!

Mark Liversedge

Oct 13, 2014, 10:18:36 AM10/13/14
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
WKO import still works, or at least it should !!
If you drag and drop them onto GC what happens ?

Bleve

Oct 13, 2014, 7:23:56 PM10/13/14
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Drag and drop works fine - but import from the import from file dropdown was complaining