Go Sandbox: An alternative front-end to the Go Playground

jpil...@gmail.com

Sep 25, 2014, 8:03:29 PM9/25/14
to golan...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys, title says it all – http://go-sandbox.jpillora.com/ – open to suggestions and critisms. Jaime

Brad Fitzpatrick

Sep 25, 2014, 9:43:14 PM9/25/14
to jpil...@gmail.com, golang-nuts
What's the advantage?

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 5:03 PM, <jpil...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey guys, title says it all – http://go-sandbox.jpillora.com/ – open to suggestions and critisms. Jaime

Jaime Pillora

Sep 25, 2014, 9:50:32 PM9/25/14
to Brad Fitzpatrick, golang-nuts
Basically, all of the features from ace editor (ace.c9.io) + keyboard shortcuts. If I find time, I’d like to add more features, customisable editor settings, maybe add editor recording to allow something like www.interviewzen.com.

Caleb Spare

Sep 25, 2014, 9:51:46 PM9/25/14
to Brad Fitzpatrick, jpil...@gmail.com, golang-nuts
Looks quite a bit nicer, to my eyes.

It's all subjective, of course, but almost every change this makes
over play.golang.org is an improvement IMO (syntax highlighting, font,
lack of yellow, brace matching, 4-space tab, block collapsing...)

Jaime -- get a memorable domain and maybe I'll use it ;)

-Caleb

Brad Fitzpatrick

Sep 25, 2014, 9:52:46 PM9/25/14
to Caleb Spare, jpil...@gmail.com, golang-nuts
My point was that the title didn't say it all, as claimed. The title worked, but a body of the email would've been useful.

jpil...@gmail.com

Sep 26, 2014, 2:11:24 AM9/26/14
to golan...@googlegroups.com, brad...@golang.org, jpil...@gmail.com
Yep, there seems to be a lot of subjectivity about this

I just added another domain: http://go-sandbox.com

csn...@gmail.com

Sep 26, 2014, 3:03:27 AM9/26/14
to golan...@googlegroups.com, jpil...@gmail.com
Jaime, this is great and with customisable shortcuts will be better. :)

Chris Kastorff

Sep 26, 2014, 11:04:25 AM9/26/14
to golan...@googlegroups.com
Agreed; on my Firefox, ctrl-i is unusable as it opens the security info
dialog. I don't think it's worth trying hard to find a clean subset of
keys for all browsers; customizability would be my preference.

On 09/26/2014 12:03 AM, csn...@gmail.com wrote:
> Jaime, this is great and with customisable shortcuts will be better. :)
>

> On Friday, September 26, 2014 2:03:29 AM UTC+2, jpil...@gmail.com
> <mailto:jpil...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hey guys, title says it all – http://go-sandbox.jpillora.com/
> <http://go-sandbox.jpillora.com/> – open to suggestions and
> critisms. Jaime

csn...@gmail.com

Sep 26, 2014, 11:46:34 AM9/26/14
to golan...@googlegroups.com
That's not Ctrl-i, but Ctrl-\.
Tricked me too, I need to check in the source code. :)

Luna Duclos

Sep 26, 2014, 5:57:13 PM9/26/14
to csn...@gmail.com, golang-nuts
Wouldn't it be more productive to contribute to the playground code and make that one significantly more customizable / prettier / handier to use instead ?

Jaime Pillora

Sep 26, 2014, 9:56:29 PM9/26/14
to Luna Duclos, csn...@gmail.com, golang-nuts
It would indeed, though there seems to be a large debate about syntax highlighting. Happy to help merge the code in, though I don't think everyone would be on board with it.

jpil...@gmail.com

Sep 27, 2014, 1:01:06 AM9/27/14
to golan...@googlegroups.com, jpil...@gmail.com
Previous link is now redirecting to something more memorable: http://www.go-sandbox.com/. Changed Ctrl + "\" -> "Backslash".

akwillis

Sep 27, 2014, 8:03:43 PM9/27/14
to golan...@googlegroups.com, jpil...@gmail.com
nice work. I'd like customizable fonts(size, color, type), customizable colors for text highlighting and background. I'd prefer the menu to be horizontal and aligned left.