goinstall with Google Code: "package could not be found locally"

Visto 252 veces
Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Thomas Kappler

no leída,
11 jul 2011, 17:08:0811/7/11
a golang-nuts
$ goinstall sre2.googlecode.com/hg/
goinstall: sre2: package could not be found locally

According to http://golang.org/cmd/goinstall/ the above command looks
right. Am I doing it wrong?

Russ Cox

no leída,
11 jul 2011, 17:22:1911/7/11
a Thomas Kappler,golang-nuts

You are doing it fine. The code you are installing
is not compatible with goinstall: it contains an import
of an unknown package import path "sre2".

Russ

John Asmuth

no leída,
11 jul 2011, 17:43:1211/7/11
a golan...@googlegroups.com
One of two things needs to happen for you to be able to use this package.

The first (and best) way is for you to press upon the author to change the Makefile in http://sre2.googlecode.com/hg/sre2/ to have TARGET=sre2.googlecode.com/hg/sre2 instead of TARGET=sre2. Then the cmd in http://sre2.googlecode.com/hg/ would have to import "sre2.googlecode.com/hg/sre2" instead of "sre2" to have things be internally consistent.

The second (and not as good) way is to download the package and build it locally using make. You'd have to "make install" the package, so the command can just import it as "sre2", and then regular "make" the cmd to run it. After this, you'd be able to import "sre2" from anywhere on your system.

- John

John Asmuth

no leída,
11 jul 2011, 17:57:4311/7/11
a golan...@googlegroups.com
Oh, and as it stands right now, if you "goinstall sre2.googlecode.com/hg/sre2", you will be able to import "sre2.googlecode.com/sre2". But you won't be able to build the cmd in sre2.googlecode.com/hg.

So, maybe there is no problem for you?

Thomas Kappler

no leída,
12 jul 2011, 1:38:4912/7/11
a golang-nuts
Thanks for your explanations, Russ and John. I downloaded and built it
manually, which went fine. One just loses the automatic updates using
goinstall.

Unfortunately I can't find any contact information for sre2's author
Sam Thorogood with reasonable effort.

On Jul 11, 11:43 pm, John Asmuth <jasm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> One of two things needs to happen for you to be able to use this package.
>
> The first (and best) way is for you to press upon the author to change the
> Makefile inhttp://sre2.googlecode.com/hg/sre2/to have
> TARGET=sre2.googlecode.com/hg/sre2 instead of TARGET=sre2. Then the cmd
> inhttp://sre2.googlecode.com/hg/would have to import

Nigel Tao

no leída,
12 jul 2011, 2:27:1112/7/11
On 12 July 2011 15:38, Thomas Kappler <tkap...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately I can't find any contact information for sre2's author
> Sam Thorogood with reasonable effort.

I know Sam. I'll let him know.

André Moraes

no leída,
12 jul 2011, 8:49:5612/7/11
a golang-nuts
If you make any changes to the code go'installable,
Take a time to make a patch and send to the author will save him some work.

--
André Moraes
http://andredevchannel.blogspot.com/

John Asmuth

no leída,
12 jul 2011, 10:04:0212/7/11
a golan...@googlegroups.com
This is why I switched from googlecode to github - the easy forking and pulling of projects makes little patches like this a breeze to share.

André Moraes

no leída,
12 jul 2011, 10:06:1012/7/11
a golan...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 11:04 AM, John Asmuth <jas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is why I switched from googlecode to github - the easy forking and
> pulling of projects makes little patches like this a breeze to share.

Go code makes that easy to, you can clone and then request the other
guy to pull from yours repo.
But github have a better GUI for that.

Sam Thorogood

no leída,
12 jul 2011, 10:43:5312/7/11
a Nigel Tao,Thomas Kappler,golang-nuts
Apparently my domain is down (eh, it's a long story).

I've updated my Makefile to the full-package-name-format. The changes
have been pushed; I discovered a couple of other issues with Go at
HEAD so I had to fix them first too =)

For what it's worth, the Makefile change is somewhat only under
protest. This format is as close to Java's FQDNs as anything. I'd
still prefer a Python-style ability to just dump local packages into
place as I need them.

Sam Thorogood

no leída,
12 jul 2011, 10:44:0912/7/11
a André Moraes,golan...@googlegroups.com
I have no strong opinions. No-one's ever sent me any diffs =(

2011/7/13 André Moraes <and...@gmail.com>:

John Asmuth

no leída,
12 jul 2011, 10:52:4512/7/11
a golan...@googlegroups.com,Nigel Tao,Thomas Kappler
There are pros and cons, but one of the pros is big: goinstall can use the internet to satisfy dependencies without being told where to get them on the command line - if you try to goinstall something that imports "sre2.googlecode.com/hg/sre2", it knows where to get it (and it will get it).

Sverre Rabbelier

no leída,
12 jul 2011, 18:21:1212/7/11
a golan...@googlegroups.com,Nigel Tao,Thomas Kappler
Heya,

Another thing in it's favor is that currently goinstall only knows
about a couple of known-to-be-reliable sites. I'm not that worried
that tomorrow my code will suddenly breaks because github goes down as
opposed to, say, Sam Thorogood's personal domain ;).

--
Cheers,

Sverre Rabbelier

Responder a todos