Websocket's (RFC6455) fate after HTTP/2??

Srivathsan Madhavan

Sep 17, 2016, 3:50:03 PM9/17/16
to golang-nuts
Hi all,

My apologies; I very well understand that the answers to my question here could be subjective / opinions yet I would like to know if I could really continue banking on this Websockets.

I feel Websockets is really cool and I have used it for IPC between non-web applications.  Certainly it is much more refined than raw TCP/IP sockets.  But I am also coming across quite a few posts (after googling) that spell doom for Websockets after HTTP/2.  But there also some posts which seem favourable to it.  Just wanted to know this group's view as well

Thanks and rgds,
Vatsan

ca...@strayorange.com

Sep 18, 2016, 9:26:22 PM9/18/16