Learning Go - version 0.4

Miek Gieben

Aug 19, 2011, 3:53:06 AM8/19/11
to Go List
Hello,

Yesterday I've tagged version 0.4 of "Learning Go". A free E-book
(pdf) that gives a (quite advanced) introduction into Go.

It is now updated to the latest Go release and especially the changes
in the 'os' and 'reflect' packages are taken into account.

You can get more information on the project page of "Learning Go":

http://miek.nl/projects/learninggo/

Or download version 0.4 directly:

http://www.miek.nl/downloads/2011/go-0.4.pdf

In total the book consists out of 120+ pages and 30+ exercises in 8
chapters.

I'm working towards a 1.0 release, so I will not add any new chapters,
but work on refining what is there now.

Kind regards,

--
Miek Gieben

signature.asc

zeroc8

Aug 19, 2011, 7:25:03 AM8/19/11
to golan...@googlegroups.com
thanks, just downloaded and printed. this is great.

OmarShariffDontLikeIt

Aug 19, 2011, 7:03:01 AM8/19/11
to golang-nuts
Still loving this :)
>  signature.asc
> < 1KViewDownload

Rich

Aug 19, 2011, 8:35:46 AM8/19/11
to golan...@googlegroups.com
I really enjoy this book, it's been a great help.  Thanks for your work.

André Moraes

Aug 19, 2011, 9:18:51 AM8/19/11
to Go List
Do you would allow translations of you book to pt-BR?

--
André Moraes
http://andredevchannel.blogspot.com/

Miek Gieben

Aug 19, 2011, 10:13:59 AM8/19/11
to Go List
[ Quoting André Moraes at 10:18 on August 19 in "Re: [go-nuts] Learning Go - version"... ]

> Do you would allow translations of you book to pt-BR?

it's license is a copy-left one (and I also copied bits and pieces
from the official Go docs), so do with it what you want! :-)

There is a (partial?) translation into Chinese
https://bitbucket.org/mikespook/learning_go_chinese

grtz,

--
Miek

signature.asc

mikespook

Sep 5, 2011, 2:07:28 AM9/5/11
to golan...@googlegroups.com
http://www.mikespook.com/learning-go/

The Chinese version has been updated to 0.4.

;-)

Miek Gieben

Sep 5, 2011, 2:40:54 AM9/5/11
to golan...@googlegroups.com
[ Quoting mikespook at 23:07 on September 4 in "[go-nuts] 回复:Learning Go - versi"... ]

> http://www.mikespook.com/learning-go/
>
> The Chinese version has been updated to 0.4.

cool.

I've updated the link on my learninggo page (will show up
in a couple of minutes)

grtz Miek

signature.asc

barnex