Learning Go (version 0.3)

Miek Gieben

Mar 1, 2011, 6:41:26 AM3/1/11
to Go List
Hello,

I've tagged a new version of "Learning Go", version 0.3. It's more of a
snapshot of the current development, than an actual "release" release.

There are lots of fixes, code updates and tweaks. Numerous people send in fixes.
Thank you all for the contributions!

http://www.miek.nl/downloads/2011/go-0.3.pdf

See my website for more links (daily builds, git repo, etc.):
http://www.miek.nl/blog/archives/2011/02/28/learning_go_-_version_0_3/index.html

Regards,

--
Miek

signature.asc

Leandro Loriato

Mar 1, 2011, 11:24:32 AM3/1/11
to Go List
Awesome job, Miek!

--
"The reasonable man adapts himself to the
world; the unreasonable persists in trying

bsr

Mar 1, 2011, 11:35:03 AM3/1/11
to golang-nuts
Indeed, it helped me as well... thanks for the selfless effort and
making it available freely...

On Mar 1, 11:24 am, Leandro Loriato <leandrolori...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Awesome job, Miek!
>

> On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 8:41 AM, Miek Gieben <m...@miek.nl> wrote:
> > Hello,
>
> > I've tagged a new version of "Learning Go", version 0.3. It's more of a
> > snapshot of the current development, than an actual "release" release.
>
> > There are lots of fixes, code updates and tweaks. Numerous people send in fixes.
> > Thank you all for the contributions!
>
> >http://www.miek.nl/downloads/2011/go-0.3.pdf
>
> > See my website for more links (daily builds, git repo, etc.):
> >http://www.miek.nl/blog/archives/2011/02/28/learning_go_-_version_0_3...

Misc Things

Mar 3, 2011, 11:05:05 AM3/3/11
to Go List, Miek Gieben
Miek,
 thank you for an effort - easy and good reading. Helps me a lot.
Andrew

BenDavies

Mar 3, 2011, 4:05:24 PM3/3/11
to golang-nuts
Thank you for this work, not only is it really useful, the quality of
the work is excellent! Love it!

On Mar 3, 4:05 pm, Misc Things <form...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Miek,
>  thank you for an effort - easy and good reading. Helps me a lot.
> Andrew
>
> On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 6:41 AM, Miek Gieben <m...@miek.nl> wrote:
> > Hello,
>
> > I've tagged a new version of "Learning Go", version 0.3. It's more of a
> > snapshot of the current development, than an actual "release" release.
>
> > There are lots of fixes, code updates and tweaks. Numerous people send in
> > fixes.
> > Thank you all for the contributions!
>
> >http://www.miek.nl/downloads/2011/go-0.3.pdf
>
> > See my website for more links (daily builds, git repo, etc.):
>
> >http://www.miek.nl/blog/archives/2011/02/28/learning_go_-_version_0_3...

Meiyan Wang

Mar 3, 2011, 10:23:06 PM3/3/11
to golang-nuts
good.

but if it could provide a chapter index for quick navigator would be
better, as in PDF the actual page of each section is not the same with
the page displayed.
> See my website for more links (daily builds, git repo, etc.):http://www.miek.nl/blog/archives/2011/02/28/learning_go_-_version_0_3...
>
> Regards,
>
> --
>  Miek
>
>  signature.asc
> < 1KViewDownload

voland

Mar 13, 2011, 10:25:29 AM3/13/11
to golang-nuts
Great job. Thank you very much!

Miek Gieben

Mar 13, 2011, 1:45:08 PM3/13/11
to Go List
Thanks for all the comments and the (constructive) suggestions.

I'm working hard to get a 0.4 out before May.

grtz Miek

signature.asc

sazi...@gmail.com

May 2, 2012, 4:05:12 AM5/2/12
to golan...@googlegroups.com

Thanks guys! I am very new to the Google Go programming language. I am really very curious about it! I think Go will take over C++ within some time. By the way I know some C++

Can you tell me where the difference between C++ and Go is?

Dave Cheney

May 2, 2012, 4:44:08 AM5/2/12
to sazi...@gmail.com, golan...@googlegroups.com
Hello.

Sadly this doc was removed from go1, but it is still accurate and worth reading.

Dave