Brand new go user

Kevin Beckford

May 15, 2011, 12:47:54 AM5/15/11
to golan...@googlegroups.com
Hi all, I was wondering if ctags support for go exists?

Kyle Lemons

May 15, 2011, 12:58:53 AM5/15/11
to golang-nuts
On the go dashboard projects page, there are three projects listed under "Tag Generators"

Or, a google search for "golang ctags" leads to (I think) the same projects.  Note that when using Google to search for go info, you'll often have to use "golang" instead of "go."

You may also want to check out gocode if you're looking for code completion in vim, emacs, etc.

~Kyle

--
~Kyle

"Everyone knows that debugging is twice as hard as writing a program in the first place. So if you're as clever as you can be when you write it, how will you ever debug it?"
— Brian Kernighan

Jemes Hsu

May 15, 2011, 1:05:52 AM5/15/11
to golang-nuts
This is not programming topic.

When you search for "golang" groups under groups.google.com search, golang-nuts is not listed at all in the search result.

regards

Tim Harig

May 15, 2011, 1:32:08 AM5/15/11
to golan...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 09:47:54PM -0700, Kevin Beckford wrote:
> Hi all, I was wondering if ctags support for go exists?

$ ctags --version
Exuberant Ctags 5.8, Copyright (C) 1996-2009 Darren Hiebert
Compiled: Dec 10 2010, 13:49:20
Addresses: <REMOVED>, http://ctags.sourceforge.net
Optional compiled features: +wildcards, +regex

$ ctags --list-languages
Ant
Asm
Asp
Awk
Basic
BETA
C++
C#
Cobol
DosBatch
Eiffel
Erlang
Flex
Fortran
Go
HTML
Java
JavaScript
Lisp
Lua
Make
MatLab
OCaml
Pascal
Perl
PHP
Python
REXX
Ruby
Scheme
Sh
SLang
SML
SQL
Tcl
Tex
Vera
Verilog
VHDL
Vim
YACC

$

Kevin Beckford

May 15, 2011, 4:17:17 AM5/15/11
to golan...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the excellent advice all.  Appreciated.

Miki Tebeka

May 15, 2011, 11:09:30 AM5/15/11
to golan...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Hi all, I was wondering if ctags support for go exists?
You can add simple support for new languages in .ctags. Here's one for go functions:

    --langdef=Go
    --langmap=Go:.go
    --regex-Go=/func[ \t]+([a-zA-Z0-9_]+)/\1/d,definition/

HTH,
--
Miki

Russ Cox

May 16, 2011, 4:57:29 PM5/16/11
to Jemes Hsu, golang-nuts
On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 01:05, Jemes Hsu <jeme...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is not programming topic.
> When you search for "golang" groups under groups.google.com search, golang-nuts is not listed at all in the search result.

Thanks for pointing this out.
We had removed it from the list back when we were
having serious spam problems. I've set it to appear
in the search results again, but I think it may take
a little while before it gets reindexed.

Russ