Relative Package Import

Robert Johnstone

Feb 28, 2012, 5:04:27 PM2/28/12
to golang-nuts
Hello Everyone,

Perhaps I'm missing something simple, but are relative package imports
still allowed in Go 1? I've refactored a package to move some
functions into a sub-package, but when building using tip I get an
error.

panic: impossible: missing entry in package cache for ./strings
imported by javascriptcore

I could hard-code the package name, but then there might be problems
between my local copy and those who install directly from bitbucket.
I'd prefer to use a relative import, but that doesn't appear to be
supported at the moment.

Is this a deliberate change is Go 1? Is it a bug with the new go
tool?

Thank-you,

Robert

Rob 'Commander' Pike

Feb 28, 2012, 10:09:09 PM2/28/12
to Robert Johnstone, golang-nuts

It's a bug with the go tool (issue 3118) that should be fixed soon.

-rob