SIGINT, SIGSTOP, SIGQUIT

Albert Strasheim

Mar 10, 2011, 12:09:35 AM3/10/11
to golang-dev
Hello all

I've noticed that when a Go program is writing a lot of output to
stdout, it doesn't seem to respond to SIGINT or SIGSTOP on Linux.

Sending SIGINT with Ctrl-C or SIGSTOP with Ctrl-Z seems to be ignored.

Even sending it with kill -INT or kill -STOP doesn't work.

It doesn't seem to matter if the program is using os/signal.Incoming
or not.

However, if I do:

./6.out >/dev/null

then SIGINT works again (both Ctrl-C or kill -INT).

SIGQUIT (Ctrl-\) always works, although sometimes it takes a few
seconds and maybe you even have to send it a few times.

Is this a Go issue? Bash issue? Linux issue? Putty issue?

Regards

Albert

Ian Lance Taylor

Mar 10, 2011, 1:43:39 AM3/10/11
to Albert Strasheim, golang-dev
Albert Strasheim <ful...@gmail.com> writes:

> I've noticed that when a Go program is writing a lot of output to
> stdout, it doesn't seem to respond to SIGINT or SIGSTOP on Linux.

http://code.google.com/p/go/issues/detail?id=1266

Ian