Times of India needs experienced sub-editors

Shiv Kumar

Feb 13, 2008, 6:26:21 AM2/13/08
to goaj...@googlegroups.com
The Times of India needs experienced sub-editors and desk personnel in Goa. Those in the Goan media and outside may rush their applications to

deric...@timesgroup.com

Derick is the Resident Editor of ToI  Mumbai and is looking at the recruitments. Mark your applications with The Times of India Goa - Vacancies on the Desk

Shiv Kumar

Frederick [FN] Noronha * फ्रेडरिक नोरोंया

Feb 13, 2008, 6:46:57 AM2/13/08
to goaj...@googlegroups.com, deric...@timesgroup.com
Do they need anyone more? I thought they had taken over half the
market already :-) FN

--
Frederick Noronha http://fn.goa-india.org Ph +91-832-2409490
The Goa books blog: http://goabooks.wordpress.com

Miguel Braganza

Feb 13, 2008, 7:01:25 AM2/13/08
to goaj...@googlegroups.com
Dear Fred,

Look at it the other way round:

If TOI Goa Edition can take in ALL the good Sub-Editors that fit their bill, they still may not have their desk full. ;-)

Rumours are that GT is going National soon.

The 'other' English [pun intended] newspapers may have to be subsidized like the lone "Official" Konkani viewspaper ...or pack up in the face of competition from TOI. They have already crossed the limits of advertorial content, anyway. Even their edits are advertorial in their content. At elections it was one, in the MBA/SEZ controversy, it is the other. One cannot even call it 'creative licence' because their language is hardly creative.

Mog asundi.

Miguel

--

Bring your gang together - do your thing. Start your group.