Fwd: The Navhind Times Newspaper Redesign: My Thoughts

Frederick [FN] Noronha * फ्रेडरिक नोरोन्या

Jul 2, 2009, 6:49:43 AM7/2/09
to goaj...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Gasper D'souza <gas...@gmail.com>
Date: 2009/7/2
Subject: The Navhind Times Newspaper Redesign: My Thoughts
To: Gasper D'souza <gas...@gmail.com>

Greetings from Goa,

Over the past weeks and perhaps months, I have been completely involved in the redesign of the local English daily in Goa, The Navhind Times. Sorry if I did not respond promptly to emails!

While my area of focus was design, my proposal was that the paper looks at the project as a re-think and not just a redesign. Design is an element to support content and not something that needs to get "in the face" of the reader.

I share my ideas behind my design concepts including a promo video I created for the newspaper along with a video guide to the new look.

Going by early reactions, the new look seems to have gone down pretty well with traditional readers. What remains to be seen is, whether it will draw in new readers. That's where compelling content and a newspaper's willingness to innovate comes in. I wish Goa's oldest English daily the very best as it seeks to re-invent for modern readers.

Do share your own thoughts and comments on the blog.

cheers
#gasper

Follow me on Twitter: twitter.com/gasperdesouza
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Gasper-DSouza/673914473
No one can go back and make a brand new start
Anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.

If you do not wish to receive updates of my work, please reply to this email with "Remove" in the subject line.

--
FN * http://fredericknoronha.wordpress.com http://twitter.com/fn
M +91-9822122436 P +91-832-2409490