minguel braganza should offer a public apology for his misleading writings

sujay gupta

Jul 2, 2008, 1:05:50 AM7/2/08
to miguelb...@yahoo.co.in, Goa Journalists
Dear Miguel,
I seriously urge you to get your facts right and not shoot off mails without verfying. Your own credibility is in serious doubt not mine

here are the facts which Migueal has completely twisted for the benefit of his activists masters

There were 41 cheques of  48,500 isused to the residents of Varchavada and 2 cheques to tenats of 24,250. these cheqque number were from 597224 to 597270

Miguel mentions that no cheque was issued in the name of Shyam Sundar Naik in this lot.

Well, here are the facts again: Cheque number 597237 was issed to Savitri P. Naiuk, the mother rof Shyam Sundar Naik oif Rs 48,500.

Page  5 of the agreement, where details of families are payments clearly mentions the beneficiaries in Savitri Naiks family. Under 14b is listed the name of Shyamsundar P Naik, s/o Pundalik Naik

Now to clarifty and remnove the confusion that ill informed or on the defensive people like Minguel has created, these amounts of rs 48,500 each were paid by Trimurthi  Mining services to 41 people and an amount of Rs 24,250 paid to 2 people, making it a total of Rs 33,75,000

NOW IN ADDIITON, SOMEHTING WHICH MINGUEL HAS CHOSEN TO IGNORE, NOT SURPRISINGLY, A SUM OF RS 11,44,000 WAS PAID TO VARCHAWADA KALA AND SANKRUTI SAMITI OF WHICH SHYAM SUNDAR NAIK IS THE RPESIDENT BY A SEPARATE CHEQUE CHEQUE NUMBER 597271. TRIMURITI SERVICES IS THE MACHINE CONTRACTOR FOR THE MINES BEING OEPRATED BY FOMENTO IN ADVALPAL. THIS MONEY WENT INTO THEACCOUNT OF A SO CALLED CULTURAL ORGANISATION OF SHYAM SUNDAR NAIK. WHY WAS THIS MONEY ACCEPTED, AND HOW HAS ITR BEEN SPENT?

That is what I asked, in my column and there is no answer. I challenge Shyam Sundar Naiuk and Minguel Braganza and his motely group confusion creators, to disclose the accouint statement of Varchawada Kala and Sanskrutik Kruti Samiti to prove that sums were given on a pro rata basis to vilagers from that account. If it is proved, I shall offer a public apology to the people of Goa from a public platform.

However, if I am proved right, then the likes of Shyam Sundar Naik and Minguel Braganbza should have the humility to offer a similar gesture. apologise to the people of Goa for misleading them.

Minguel, I thank you for at least saying that I speak half truths. I am sorry i cannot say the same for you. You dont even speak half truths. Only lies. I DARE YOU TO MAKE A PUBLIC DISCLOSURE OF THE ACCOUNTS OF THE SAMITI SHYAM SUNDAR NAIK HEADS.

On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 10:13 PM, Miguel Braganza <miguelb...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

Dears,

First it was a Parrikar, then it was an Amonkar and now it is Feni MacCoy.

Read the bottom line of the 'plug' in the oHERALDo dated 1 July, 2008, on page 8 article entitled "Green Movement has shades of black". It reads thus: QUOTE Will Shyam Sundar Naik or his activists associates care to explain how this money, meant for cultural activities, was used? UNQUOTE

THE AMOUNT IN QUESTION: Rs.11.44 lakhs paid by cheque No.597271 of Canara Bank, Margao, dated 22.12.2006.

Shri Shyamsundar Pundalik Naik of Varchavadda, Advalpal, [I believe he is the same Shyam Sundar that Sujay is referring to] has an explanation that Sujay Gupta may not like to read.
1. The amount was credited to the account of the  Varchavadda Kala & Sanskruti Kruti Samiti, Advalpal, at the INDIAN OVERSEAS BANK, Mulgao-Bicholim Branch.
2. Amounts therefrom were disbursed pro rata by cheque to the owners of paddy fields "as and by way of full and final settlement towards DAMAGES, CROP COMPENSATION AND POLLUTION towards the properties" as per Clause 1.1 [b] of the agreement between the residents of Varchavadda-Advalpal and one "TRIMURTI MINING SERVICES, a Partnership firm having its registered office at C/F 1 & 3, J.B. Apartments, Near Pandava Church, Aquem, Margao, Goa, represented by its General Manager Mr. I.N.Kolar."
3. That, unlike funds for the Ministry of Art & Culture, the amount of Rs.11.44 lakhs was not given to buy musical instruments or stage nataks [as implied by Sujay Gupta's above quoted rhetoric question], but to maintain silence and "cooperate with the Second Party to ensure that the work CONTINUES SMOOTHLY and in no event there be any interruption to MINING ACTIVITIES or obstacle to the traffic and usage of the approach road in respect of the terms agreed" as stated in Clause 2 of the agreement dated 22 Dec. 2006, allegedly a year BEFORE a mining licence was actually obtained. [Sujay Gupta agrees "Yes, there are ILLEGAL MINES OPERATING IN ADVALPAL."]
4.That NO cheque was actually drawn in the name of Shyamsundar P.Naik among the 43 cheques [from No.597224 to 597267 all dated 22.12 2006] issued to the residents of Varchavadda-Advalpal for Rs.48,500/- each and Nos 597269 and 597270 for Rs.24,250/- each to tenants]

So if it is "TRIMURTI MINING SERVICES" that paid off all these parties, how is it related to the FOMENTO Group that is involved in Colomb-Sanguem to make the case that Dr.Claude Alvares et al are selectively attacking "one set of companies, which is legally operating" ? Is Sujay Gupta trying to defame his employers? Or is he denying that he is a Media Consultant to PRUDENT Media? Surely,Sujay cannot have his cake and eat it, too.

My homework question to all Journalists, including Sujay Gupta is:

What exactly is Sujay Gupta trying to do?
a] Defame the Audhoot Modhu Timblo Group/FOMENTO by linking it to the SILENCE money.
b] Defame Shyamsundar P.Naik by stating that the "damages and crop compensation" was to be used for "cultural activities"
c] Defame the activists who stand by the truth, even when it is inconvenient. or
d]Defame himself by making wild allegations based on half truths and full lies.

Clue: He seems to have a reasonable degree of success in d] ...though that may NOT be what he is trying to do!

Mog asundi.

Miguel

     Messenger blocked? Want to chat? Go to http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php