FisicaLab (can be pronounced as PhysicsLab) is an educational
application to solve physics problems. Its main objective is let the
user to focus in physics concepts, leaving aside the mathematical
The interface comes with the following new features:
* The conversion factors are now available from a contextual menu.
* Basic mathematical operations can be done at table entries. Also can
be used some useful functions like: cos(), sin(), hypot()...
* A yellow square is drawn around the element whose data is displayed in
* Leaving the mouse cursor over an element in the chalkboard, its data
is displayed in a tooltip.
* Has been added a preferences panel to configure the chalkboard size
(in cells) and the font size in tooltips.
See documentation for more details. For modules has been done the
following changes and additions:
* Circular kinematics of particles: Changes in the entries of some
elements. For example the Angular Velocity element now has entries for
the initial and final angular velocity.
* Dynamics of particles: Removed the element Explosion. These problems
can be done in the new module.
* In the modules of Static has been added an element to relate angles.
* Static of rigid bodies: This module has been extended to allow solve
trusses problems. Also there are elements to represent beams of two
* New module Circular Dynamics of Particles.
See documentation for more details. This new version is also available
as binary for GNU/Linux systems of 32 bits and Windows installer. You
can get this new version on Downloads section:
To compile FísicaLab from source you should use the GNUstep packages in
develop (from SVN). There is a demonstrative video here:
Or you can download the video in ogv format here:
More info at:
Comments, bug reports or suggestion are welcome.