Re: Emacs and Virtual Mail

1 view

Uday S Reddy

Jun 24, 2010, 4:30:08 PM6/24/10
J. David Boyd wrote:

> I've put the following entity in to my .emacs custom-variables
>
> '(vm-primary-inbox "pop:pop-server.tampabay.rr.com:110:pass:myusername:mypassword")
>
> But, when I start VM, I get the following error message:
>
> No such POP folder: pop:pop-server.tampabay.rr.com:110:pass:myusername:mypassword
>
> Anyone able to point me to the correct spot in the docs, or on the net,
> where I can find out what I am doing wrong?

You are not doing anything wrong, but this way accessing POP folders as the
primary-inbox never seems to have been tried, and it isn't working. Quite
amazing, actually.

The EmacsWiki page

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/ViewMailQuickStart

describes the more common way of accessing POP folders under "Most Important
Variables - POP Server Folders". Please use that method for now. I will get
the inbox problem fixed in the next release.

Cheers,
Uday

PS: By the way, VM stands for "View Mail". And, gnu.emacs.vm.info is the
standard forum for VM discussion.