Tilde Problem (<dead-tilde>)

Nordlöw

Jul 11, 2008, 9:10:15 AM7/11/08
The keycombination <dead-tilde> + <letter/space> has suddenly stopped
working in Emacs CVS. Emacs says:

<dead-tilde> is undefined

Is this on purpose? If so how do I make it work like it justed to?

Thanks in advance,
Nordlöw

andre...@gmail.com

Aug 26, 2008, 3:33:59 AM8/26/08

I added this line to ~/.emacs and i got dead-keys worrking again:

(load-library "iso-transl")

alternatively, the key combination C-x 8 seems to load the library as
well

Cheers
Andre

Peter Dyballa

Aug 26, 2008, 6:23:23 PM8/26/08
to andre...@gmail.com, help-gn...@gnu.org

Am 26.08.2008 um 09:33 schrieb andregoios:

> I added this line to ~/.emacs and i got dead-keys worrking again:
>
> (load-library "iso-transl")

Indeed! Although this file brings 8-bit support to pre-Unicode
encodings particularly ISO Latin variants. The failing dead-keys
recognition looks more like a bug ...

--
Greetings

Pete