disable subscript superscript raise/lower?

Benjamin

Jul 16, 2008, 4:16:19 PM7/16/08
GNU Emacs 22.2.1 (i386-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.9)
Using emacs in LaTeX mode shows superscript and subscript as raised
and lowered respectively, which is kind of neat, but sort of breaks
the spartan "simplicity" of emacs that I have come to like, and
renders some of the sub sub scripts unreadable. How do I disable this
feature?

Thanks,

-Ben

Ralf Angeli

Jul 16, 2008, 4:48:00 PM7/16/08
* Benjamin (2008-07-16) writes:

> GNU Emacs 22.2.1 (i386-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.9)
> Using emacs in LaTeX mode shows superscript and subscript as raised
> and lowered respectively, which is kind of neat, but sort of breaks
> the spartan "simplicity" of emacs that I have come to like,

Are you sure you are not confusing Emacs with ed?

> and
> renders some of the sub sub scripts unreadable. How do I disable this
> feature?

Assuming you are using Emacs' built-in TeX mode, Stefan Monnier provided
a hack on this list before:

(eval-after-load "tex-mode" '(fset 'tex-font-lock-suscript 'ignore))

If you are using a development version of Emacs, you can simply
customize `tex-fontify-script'.

--
Ralf

Benjamin

Jul 16, 2008, 5:27:42 PM7/16/08
On Jul 16, 4:48 pm, Ralf Angeli <dev.n...@caeruleus.net> wrote:
> * Benjamin (2008-07-16) writes:
> > GNU Emacs 22.2.1 (i386-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.9)
> > Using emacs in LaTeX mode shows superscript and subscript as raised
> > and lowered respectively, which is kind of neat, but sort of breaks
> > the spartan "simplicity" of emacs that I have come to like,
>
> Are you sure you are not confusing Emacs with ed?

Pretty sure I'm using emacs, do other editors exist? :-)

> Assuming you are using Emacs' built-in TeX mode, Stefan Monnier provided
> a hack on this list before:

Without knowing better, I'll assume that the LaTeX mode is the same as
the built in TeX mode (it says (LaTeX) at the bottom of my emacs
screen).

> (eval-after-load "tex-mode" '(fset 'tex-font-lock-suscript 'ignore))

Works perfectly, Thanks. I did a search using Google Groups but
didn't see Stefan's post.

Cheers,
-Ben