Rmail: mail send from me through Rmail

chrm

Aug 27, 2010, 11:27:41 AM8/27/10
to Help-gn...@gnu.org

Does Rmail save the mails I send with Emacs?

If so, where can I read them?

If not, is there an easy way to add my own address to the BCC of every mail
I send with Emacs?

Eli Zaretskii

Aug 29, 2010, 7:18:07 AM8/29/10
to Help-gn...@gnu.org
> Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 08:27:41 -0700 (PDT)
> From: chrm <radioac...@web.de>
>
> Does Rmail save the mails I send with Emacs?

Not by default, no.

> If so, where can I read them?
>
> If not, is there an easy way to add my own address to the BCC of every mail
> I send with Emacs?

The easiest way is to add FCC, not BCC. Add this to your ~/.emacs:

(setq mail-archive-file-name "~/SENT.MAIL")

Then each message you send will be filed in the file ~/SENT.MAIL (of
course, you can change the name of this file at will).