Automatically close completions buffer of shell mode.

Dmitriy Igrishin

Aug 4, 2010, 5:16:28 AM8/4/10
to help-gn...@gnu.org
Dear community,

Is there are way to make Emacs to close the *Completions* buffer
automatically after sending the line as input in a shell mode?
E.g., in a shell mode I type
  cd s<TAB>
Emacs shows me the all filenames which begins with 's' in
*Completions* buffer. If I type 'rc/'<RET> then, so the complete
input will
  cd src/<RET>
I've successfully change the current directory in the shell, but
*Completions* buffer will remains.
When I visit a file via C-x C-f Emacs automatically close *Completions*
buffer if it was shown by <TAB>.
Is it possible to make Emacs automatically close *Completions* buffer,
of the shell mode in a such way?

Regards,
Dmitriy

Dmitriy Igrishin

Aug 8, 2010, 11:14:20 AM8/8/10
to help-gn...@gnu.org
Hey all,

The help from you was very useful :)
Thanks!

Regards,
Dmitriy

Stefan Monnier

Aug 8, 2010, 5:52:04 PM8/8/10
>> Is there are way to make Emacs to close the *Completions* buffer
>> automatically after sending the line as input in a shell mode?

Not really. There are various kludges you can try, but really it's
a bug.

Stefan

Drew Adams

Dec 9, 2010, 2:28:35 AM12/9/10
to Dmitriy Igrishin, help-gn...@gnu.org
> Is there are way to make Emacs to close the *Completions* buffer
> automatically after sending the line as input in a shell mode?

Yes, use Icicles.

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/Icicles