Possible security issue with Emacs?

Adoh Fadduq

May 14, 2001, 11:51:11 PM5/14/01
Insha Allah, I am now trying to choose an editor for my software
development and typesetting work. I have closely considered Emacs,
which fits my needs in some respects. I do, however, feel that there is
a big security issue with it for me and my brethren: Emacs was largely
developed by Jews and for Jews. Considering how cunning the Jews are,
I would not be surprised to find that they have hidden special bugs
and booby traps inside emacs, in order to spy on and disrupt work of my
Allah believing brethren. Are my concerns justified?

Deepak Goel

May 15, 2001, 12:02:48 AM5/15/01

> Insha Allah, I am now trying to choose an editor for my software

Have you ever considered the Church of Emacs---

http://www.dina.kvl.dk/~abraham/religion/

Just join this one true religion, and all your doubts will clear up,
and all your problems will be solved, and all your hatred will melt
away (except of course, against those VI blasphemers).

--Deepak, http://www.glue.umd.edu/~deego
22:46 Never have We sent a single manual or documentation before you
with whose wishes VI did not tamper. But EMACS abrogates the
interjections of VI and confirms His own revelations. EMACS is wise
and all-knowing. He makes VI's interjections a temptation for those
whose hearts are diseased or hardened - this is why the wrongdoers are
in open schism - so that those to whom knowledge has been given may
realize that this is the truth from your EMACS and thus believe in it
and humble their hearts towards him. EMACS will surely guide the
faithful to a straight path.

A. L. Meyers

May 15, 2001, 3:31:56 AM5/15/01
Dear Fadduq,

As-Salam Alaikum. Ha-Shalom Aleikhem.

You can download the entire source code of Emacs and analyse all
of it for security problems. If you find such problems and post
them via Emac's bug posting feature (or still better fix
them), all Emacs users would greatly appreciate it.

And don't forget: Ismael and Isaac were brothers from the same family.
Maybe many of their current decendants will like and use Emacs.

Best regards,

Lucien
--
This message is only for the addressee(s). If you receive it
by error, please delete it and inform the sender. We recommend

Faux_Pseudo

May 15, 2001, 5:02:19 AM5/15/01
--(Once apon a time, in gnu.emacs.help,)--
--(Adoh Fadduq said it like only they can.)--

As a non Jew I take great offense to these statements of yours. Us
non-Jews can be every bit as cunning and malicious as any Jew.
Some Cunning non-Jews:
Bill Gates
Hitler
Rommel
William Jefferson Clinton
Thomas Jefferson
Linus Travoldus
Chris Carter
Terry Spelling
OJ Simpson
Marilyn Manson
Alan Greenspan
Stalin

and a whole host of others.
All of the above are cunning and some of them are down right evil
(Spelling, Gates and Hitler in order of evilness)

So the next time you think the Jews are out to get you just remember
there are lots of other people out to make your life miserable.

--
--(tt...@faux.local|04:45|/home/faux)-- cat .sig
GUI's are for slackers. ibpconf.sh 6.1 on freshmeat.net

It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word.
- Andrew Jackson

Eli Zaretskii

May 15, 2001, 6:33:56 AM5/15/01

Yes.

Richard D. Latham

May 15, 2001, 12:57:03 PM5/15/01
fad...@amnet.net.ae (Adoh Fadduq) writes:

Yes. You should definately use XEmacs instead.

--
#include <disclaimer.std> /* I don't speak for IBM ... */
/* Heck, I don't even speak for myself */

Ilya Zakharevich

May 15, 2001, 4:15:03 PM5/15/01
Adoh Fadduq
<fad...@amnet.net.ae>], who wrote in article <9898986...@amnet.net.ae>:

One datapoint for you to extrapolate: I personally inserted many
hidden special bugs into Emacs source code (but not XEmacs one!).
Assuming that many Emacs developers are more
Jewish/cunning/buggy/contributing than myself, there should be
*zillions* of special cunning Jewish bugs in Emacs.

Using the same datapoint, XEmacs should be much better for you and
your Allah believing brethren.

Hope this helps,
Ilya

John Hunter

May 15, 2001, 3:18:11 PM5/15/01

Adoh> Considering how cunning the Jews are, I would not be
Adoh> surprised to find that they have hidden special bugs and
Adoh> booby traps inside emacs, in order to spy on and disrupt
Adoh> work of my Allah believing brethren.

This is unlikely, but you may find yourself victim of an even more
sinister and subtle plot. You may find yourself endlessly customizing
.emacs and .gnus, and no longer have any time to pursue your
programming and text formatting work. Please carefully read the
thread 'Spending too much time customizing emacs' above before making
any decision to commit to emacs.

yos...@gmail.com

Feb 2, 2005, 9:10:27 AM2/2/05
you posted this on google groups (partial quate)"
As a non Jew I take great offense to these statements of you­rs. Us
non-Jews can be every bit as cunning and malicious as any Je­w.

Some Cunning non-Jews:
Bill Gates
Hitler
Rommel
William Jefferson Clinton
Thomas Jefferson
Linus Travoldus
Chris Carter
Terry Spelling
OJ Simpson
Marilyn Manson
Alan Greenspan
Stalin

"

as a jew i am offended when people take credit for the actions of
members our group.
alan greenspan is jewish!
see this biography in wiki:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Greenspan

Ismael Valladolid Torres

Feb 2, 2005, 10:08:40 AM2/2/05
to yos...@gmail.com, help-gn...@gnu.org, skep...@yahoogroups.com
yos...@gmail.com escribe:
> alan greenspan is jewish!

I'm not jewish, either. But my life would be much less funny without
that lovely jewish guys and gals there at Argentina right-winging (no
offense) in the same mailing lists as I do!

Cordially, Ismael

PD. Un abrazo a todos, judíos o no judíos, right-wingers o progres
cacas.

Alexander Sonnet

Nov 20, 2022, 1:03:34 AM11/20/22
ligma balls.